Diagnosed with Herpes Simplex Type II lgG. l - Online Doctor Chats
i am worried with my situation now
How can I hlp you ?
i have recently been diagnose with Herpes Simplex Type II lgG. The reading is 1.15. the indication is (negative will be below 0.9, equivocal 0.91-0.99, positive 1 and above) While my other STD reading like Herpes Simplex Type I lgG is 0.62 (negative will be below 0.9, equivocal 0.91-0.99, positive 1 and above), and Chlamydia lgG is 0.82 (negative below 0.9, borderline 0.9-1.1, positive is anything about 1.1) As we can see from the result. I am -ve for both HSV 1 and Chlamydia. and is +ve for HSV 2, which is the genital herpes.
i have some questions
1) for those 2 that shows i am -ve but does it mean that i do have a certain amount of virus in my body? why is there a number shown?
2) for HSV 2, is there anything i can do about it? what would be the seriousness of the number displayed? i have not have any outbreak or whatsoever at the moment. I planning to have a child soon, is there any possible way will my child be contractor? Please advise me doctor. I am worried. What would be the recommended vitamins or mineral should i take, or is there any remedies that can help me? please advise
No, the two for which you are negative does not have virus in you
the number you got is due to the antibodies which can be present in small amounts even when the virus not in the body
the small amounts could be due to previous illness or subclinical infection
okay thanks for the first answer
how about the 2nd question
2 ) the readings shown for HSV2 also does not indicate that there is active virus in you
Ig G once produced in infections will stay for life
its IgM which is the indicator of recent infection and presence of the virus in the body
hence the IgG you have for HSV2 could be due to memory of previous infections
what would be the amount needed to be shown for it to be severe?
is it save for me to have a child now? do i need to go under any medication?
safe i mean
The reading should be more than 3 to 4 times the range or there should be IgM variety positive
I do not completely rule out the presence of infection unless examined
I do suggest you to go for a detailed examination
IgM is a antibody ( body's defence mechanism protein ) produced against infective organisms
so Dr, you meant 3-4 times
meaning the reading has to be 1.60 and above and its consider active rite?
Yes, and an infection is confirmed when clinical findings are present
so what test should i call it?
for the detailed anaylze?
You just need a clinical examination of the genitals to look for any lesions or scars of old lesions
with the reading its not possible to tell anything?
is HSV 2 a deadly virus?
It is possible , as i said the values in you are not enough to consider the presence of an infection
As they are not high
anyway actually previously, before the checkup
i went to a doctor
they examine my penis
since the values are low and you are planning for a baby , its good to be examined and rule out the infection
but they detected ntg
if examination has revealed nothing then there is no risk of infecting your partner and future baby too
okay meaning with my current reading, i can't infect my partner
and anything above 1.6 would be XXXXXXX correct?
so doctor, any recommended supplement should i take?
take good amount of vitamins and proteins which help you to combat infections
what kind of vitamins?
Yes, Vit C also helps in maintaining the mucos membrane health
Multivitamins on whole are always good
Is there anything I can help you with ?
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Does dramamine cause early miscarriage
- Contracted herpes simplex type 2 what treatment should be done
- Contracted herpes simplex type 2 is there a permanent cure
- Energy drinks cause shingles
- Can energy drinks cause stomach problems
- Cant pee when stressed
- Can drinking milk cause headaches
- Cant hit puberty syndrome
- Will drinking glucon d regulary cause problems
- Cant pee hit in lower
- Herpes simplex type 2
- Ocd related to herpes simplex type
- Tight foreskin low carb diet
- Herpes simplex type 1
- Canestan on penis head