Diagnosed with Carcinoma prostate. Developed abdominal pain during radiotherapy. Reason? - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help you?
Good Afternoon Docotro
I've question in Urology
My father is diagnosed with Carcinoma Prostate
he is 67 yrs old
We've taken Radiation therapy under IGRT
Pain has become sever after 22 fractions
a total dose of 3960 Gray
We've stopped the therapy on Oct 19th 2012
now how can we proceed? Can we continue the radiotherapy?
The abdiminal pain is due to an inflammatio in the terminal Ileum
10 cms from the IC valve
What is the reason for Inflammation?
Without a clinical examination it is difficult to predict the reason of illeal inflammation.
This could due to radiotherapy, infection secondary to compromised immunity/general condition, spread of tumour/obstruction, etc.
The doctor who is treating him would be the right person to answer this.
Can we continue the Radiation now?
What is ur opinion about the Current condition with PSA 0.16 and no medication and no adrogen blockage (no Gnrh anlog and Bi-Calutamide)
I understand your concern now. But radiation and chemotherapy are associated with side effects. They are started when benefits of the procedure outweighs side effects.
As a general physician, I have not been associated with oncology for a while, therefore I would not be the right person to give you the updated opinion here.
Therefore I would recommend you to post your query on ask a specialist option.
A practising oncologist/radiation oncologist can be able to give you the updated information about the scenario.
Ok Doctor. thanks a lot for your valuable time and opinion. I'll post my query there
You are welcome.
Is there any other query that you wish to discuss with me?
Nothing as of now Doctor. Thank a lot. Bye.
Thanks for consulting me. Bye for now.
Can u suggest any good oncologist in bangalore?
Give me a minute.
You could choose based on the reviews mentioned and the clinic close to your locality.
Oh ok. Thanks for the list. But Can you please suggest any one personally
However if I were to be you, I would
go with my current doctor since he/she knows about the fathers condition better.
It might a bit difficult for a new doctor to start from the scratch.
you could consider a second opinion if the treatment is not upto your satisfaction or when you are to face a difficult situation and unable to decide.
I hope I make sense.
Do you have any other query?
Yes. It makes sense but I've lost the hope on current doctor. My father is not interested to see any doctor as he is doing well and active. Thanks for your kind suggestions.
I wish good luck.
Thanks for consulting me.
Bye for now.
Related questions you may be interested in