Diagnosed ductal carcinoma breast, undergone tumor removal. Further surgery needed? - Online Doctor Chats
Dr XXXXXXX here
How can I help you?
Hello Doctor, Good Morning
Do we need to go for any further surgery?
Is it involving the breast?
The complete treatment of ductal carcinoma breast is depended on the type and stage/grading of the tumour.
As the tumour is resected, a histopathological studies of the tumour tissue is done to know the staging and type of tumor.
The biopsis report says it is Grade I
If it grade 1, it is probably an tumour insitu where the tumour is restricted to the tumour site itself.
The treatment here would be surgical resection followed by a brief course of radiotherapy.
The type of surgery needed and the course of radiotherapy needed would entirely depend on clinical examination, presence of enlarged lymphnodes and the stage of tumour.
I suggest you to discuss with her oncosurgeon to know about the complete status of the tumour.
Have you followed?
Do you have any other query?
And finally, approximately how much would be the cost of treatment ?
Cost of treatment would vary - based on whether or not she requires radiotherapy; number of radiotherapy cycles needed and whether or not she needs repeat procedures.
I am unable to give you an estimate without the complete details of the tumour.
I apologize for that.
No problem, doctor. Thanks for valuable suggestions. No more queries from me now.
Is there any other query which you like to discuss?
Thanks for consulting me.
Bye for now.
Thanks a lot again and bye.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Is muscle or joint pain a side effect of azathioprine?
- How high is cea result dangerous
- Is red irritated eyes a side effect of chlorthalidone?
- Pathophysiology of invasive ductal carcinoma tumor
- Clear nipple discharge on cerazette
- Is severe nausea or vomiting a side effect of balziva?
- Is hearing loss a side effect of aspirin/carisoprodol?
- Can ductal carcinoma in situ dcis be treated without surgery
- Does tamoxifen cause a yellowish discharge
- Treatment options for ductal carcinoma of breast
- Scab on nipple causes
- Infiltrative ductal carcinoma of right breast
- Is tightness in the chest a side effect of amiodarone?
- Can tamoxifin cause sugar in my urine
- I have just been diagnosed with infiltrative ductal carcinoma breast cancer