Diabetic patient taking insugen. Got glucose level. Is this al right? - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help you?
i am a diabetic patient taking insugen 30/70
currently i am taking 34 (22 plus 12) units per day
Fasting it was 100-105 and random(before dinner) its 90 to 95
i am just worrrying about these values
i think its in lower side
I understand your concern.
so what i need to do
May I know when you said, fasting blood sugar
May I know if you tested using glucometer or at the laboratory?
before breakfast i am taking 22 units and before dinner 12 units
I would also like to know the reason why you tested blood sugar repeatedly - before breakfast (fasting; post lunch and after dinner) now - was it suggested by your doctor or you did because you had symptoms?
Are you there?
i got little headache today...and seeing yesterday random level 0f 90 i suspected
Let me brief you. Insugen is a long acting insulin. In the sense, it lowers the sugar gradually and as the effects go away it increases. The sugar change follow a parabolic curve.
but it should not come down to that level
i have taken sugar with milk to adjust this
And since the effects of insugen lasts for almost 12 hours, sugar levels a little above the midpoint remains the lowest.
If you have not had any hypoglycemic symptoms, then you are doing well with the current dosage.
Yet, couple of units in the morning can be reduced
to keep sugars a bit higher and the night insulin can be marginally raised.
I would suggest you to talk to your treating doctor and get this change done.
Have you followed?
ok.....further i am getting 2-3 time motion after taking insulin in morning...is there anything wrong
Have you followed?
then fine sir...thnx 4 ur valuable comment
Thanks for consulting me.
Bye for now.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Nocturnal hypoglycemia without diabetes
- Non diabetic glucose level chart
- Diabetes overheating and glucose levels
- What does blood sugar level of 101 mean
- Employee diagnosed with hiv
- What is the normal blood sugar level for diabetics type 2 fastingwhat if it was 58
- Does glucose give you lose motion
- Sore tongue and diabetes
- Dryfruit and nuts good for diabetes
- Blood glucose levels in diabetes
- Diabetes type 2 glucose levels
- Diabetes and the tip of my figure is numb
- Pre diabetes glucose levels
- Peripheral neuropathy and pre diabetes
- How to diagnose multiple myeloma