Diabetic. Can I take protein powder? - Online Doctor Chats
Hi.. Doctor.. I am XXXXXX
Please go ahead with your query
My query is - I am diabetic, but since last 1 year I am doing exercise and proper dedication. hence my diabetese is under control... I want to know if I can start intaking protein powder...?
Protein powder for what? Do you mean exercise?
Yes you can take but you should check how many calories each serving of that protein powder contains
I am a vegeterian.. so i feel my diet don't provide enough protein for muscle cells
Some contain large calories
So your intake should depend on the calories
I am not sure how many calorie your protein drink contains
so what is the ideal recommentation and which brand protein I should consume..
so it is good to carry that to the doctor during your next visit
Ideal recommendations depends on the constituents
Use of protein powder is not medicinal in nature so we do not prescribe it. It is just a supplement
so we are not aware of the brands and the right constitution of the powder
to recommend any
However you can try NUTRILITE, one scoop, two times a day in a glass of water
ok.... thanks.. for the diet/weight related query .. I can ask you or the diatecian..?
For dietitics you can post to a Dietitian
You can request a call from Dietitian
ok... thanks.. Doctor..
Is there anything else I can help you with
Thanks for consulting me
Bye for now
Related questions you may be interested in
People also viewed
- Beginning stage of gangrene
- Amway nutrilite protein powder for diabetics
- Stinging left loer lower abdomen early pregnancy
- Ornidazole gel for acne?
- Nutralite protein powder for diabetics
- Hemotologist blood test eat beforehand
- Nutrilite® protein powder for diabetics
- Can u take tums before glucose testing
- How many people survive a widow maker heart attack
- Nutrilite protein powder diabetes
- Hard lumps of catarrh
- Groin pain when blowing nose
- How to begin blood sugar level down
- Amway protein powder for diabetics
- Brush teeth before fasting glucose