Delayed period with Type 1 diabetes - Online Doctor Chats
User : if my sugars are 94 and my periods 10 days late and i have type 1 diabeties could i be pregnate i have taken 3 tests and they are all negitive
Doctor : Hi
User : hi
May I know your age?
User : 21
There are a few reasons apart from pregnancy alone that could cause delay in the periods.
It could happen due to stress, reduced nutritional status, infection, anemia and not to miss uncontrolled diabetic state too.
The present reading of sugars is not sufficient to know if diabetes is well controlled.
User : my sugars are fine and i have never not gotten my period bc of stress and i eat great
So any of the above causes can be causing the delay in the periods.
Are you on any pills?
User : could diabeties cause false negitive on a pregnacy test
User : no only insulin
Doctor : Are you on any birth control pill?
User : no
Have you use plan B recently following an sexual intercourse?
User : no
I would suggest to recheck your pregnancy status and then consider consulting a gynaecologist for an examination.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Mold and type 1 diabetes
- What is the permanent cure for muscles and joint pain
- What is the cause for large lump underneath my chin
- Type 1 diabetes and endometriosis
- Gastroenteritis and type 1 diabetes
- Is it safe to have detol bath in early pregnancy
- Is it necessary to take testosterone treatment for undescended testis
- Type 1 diabetes and perimenopause
- Is bath salt detectable in a fetus
- What causes abdominal and lower back pain
- Bath salts drug effects on pregnancy
- What are the observations from the chest x-ray
- Type 1 diabetes and hydroxycut
- Sweat beads during ovulation
- Bath salt ingestion during pregnancy