Cramps in hands while sleeping, diabetic during first pregnancy. Reason and cure? - Online Doctor Chats
hi doctor, gud morning
How can I help you?
i just now submitted a request
May I know what request is it about?
i'm married and have two children, diabebtic during my first pregnancy
recently i have been having cramps in my hands while sleeping
it gets really bad that i wake up from my sleep
i would like to know the reason for the cramps....
Have you checked your blood sugar levels recently?
i was diabetic in pregnancy in the year 2005
When was the last time you checked it? What was the value?
i have not checked at all so far
Do you have any other symptoms or difficulties?
sometimes i get tired after work
i ride a bike totally 26km up and down
That is a nice exercise you are doing.
try as much too walk
Is it cramps that you are getting, or is it more like tingling?
its more on my left hand
Ok. Do you get it every day or it is intermittent?
Let me brief you.
sometimes while riding my bike too
This can happen in various situations.
If there is a continuous pressure over a particular part of the body, there is compression of nerves which passes through this area.
so how should i avoid his doctor, should I keep changing sides while sleeping
Or if there is continuous use of particular muscles, then also there can be cramping due to contraction of those muscles.
Now, in your case, it could be either due to the position you sleep or due to the stress you are applying on your arms.
Do you have neck pain?
May I know your age, height and weight?
Age : 34, Height : 5 wieght : 48
That is quiet fine.
You can do the following to reduce the occurrence of the cramps.
1. Avoid sleeping on one particular side.
2. Avoid sleeping on your arms.
3. While riding bike, try to avoid putting pressure on your arms.
4. Do mild stretching exercise for your arms regularly.
5. Drink plenty of water.
5. Avoid lifting heavy things with a single hand.
Always divide the weight equally in both hands while carrying things.
i carry my laptop on side.... without changing sides, may be that's one reason
Yes, that could be another reason.
It is better to carry the laptop on a backpack than a side bag.
So that the weight is equally distributed over your body.
Further, you can get your blood sugars evaluated once to make sure that it is within the normal limits.
please share with me a few tips to avoid diabetic
i'm just worried that it may come back
If it does not get reduced by these measures, you will have to get it examined by your family physician.
Have you followed?
I will guide you regarding diabetes.
Do you have a family history of diabetes?
my mum has been recetly diagnosed diabetc
my dad has not diabetic or hypertensive
Since you have a family history of diabetes and a history of Gestational diabetes, it is highly probable for you to get diabetes.
But, you can prevent it from occurring by life style modifications.
You can do the following.
1. Regular exercise atleast for 45 minutes a days
2. Have atleast 3 litres of water every day.
3. You can have sugary items. But limit them.
ok ... i'm noting down
4. Increase more of fruits and vegetables in your diet.
is it ok to have a lot of cucument and tomoatoe with onions
that's part of my regulrar diet
Sure, you can have them.
6. Limit rice intake to only once in a day.
Have you followed?
yes doctor have noted down all your points
thanks doctor for all your advice will try my best to follow them
Is there anything else that I can help you with?
nothing else doctor
thanks a lot have a wonderful day :)
Thanks for consulting me.
my pleasure :0
Have a wonderful day.
Wish you good Health!!
Bye for now.
i'm signing off now
Related questions you may be interested in
People also viewed
- Beige stool in adults
- Suggest treatment for pain in ankle after a ankle surgery
- What is the treatment for swollen shin
- Normal blood counts in adults
- Why is lovenox given after shoulder surgery
- Treatment and cure for pre-pregnancy diabetes
- Cures for indigestion during pregnancy
- Treatment and cure for Pregnancy diabetes
- Attention-seeking disorder in adults
- Diabetic cured prostate cancer leg cramps
- Treatment and cure for Pregnancy cramps
- What causes lump on knees after total knee replacement
- Adult baby parents
- What is the suggested medication for shoulder pain during sleep
- Thyroid and adrenaline