Could persistent fever,cough and blocked nose be symptoms of typhoid relapse? - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help you?
I am suffering from fever for last 4 days
Used dynapar and ATM medicines till now.
I have had typhoid 2 years back.
Can u confirm if I have typhoid right now or just traces of last typhoid
May I know who suggested widal test?
and the medicines?
The local RMP doxtor
How many days did you use those medicines?
Since 4th morning
and what was the frequency of use?
Dynapar 3 times a day, atm 2 times and allercet 1ce a day
atm was it 250mg or 500mg tablet?
Sorry 250 mg
Let me brief you.
But all these medicines are prescribed before blood test
However with widal test revealing significant titre we cannot exclude typhoid at this point of time.
Now since you are on antibiotic, I would suggest you to take the last dose today.
All the dose given were over
Should I buy and contin ue?
If you have taken atm (azithromycin) for 3 days, then you may stop it. You need to take it for minimum of 3 days.
Once you are done with 3 days, wait for couple of days and see if you feel better.
If you aren't better, you will need to repeat the tests - complete blood count, urine routine and Widal.
For better and ethical practice, I would recommend that you repeat the tests
after you consult a physician.
Repeat widal tests will help us know if you have an active typhoid infection.
Do you still have fever now?
Are you there?
I have to close the chat as you are not responding.
You can chat with us 24/7 if you have any more questions
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Five stages of infectious diseases
- Symptoms of typhoid fever with low platelets
- How to cure typhoid fever
- What are the symptoms of typhoid fever?
- Are weakness and fatigue symptoms of typhoid fever?
- Ectomy pregnancy
- Infectious disease prevention and control
- Flushing feeling up the back to head
- Flu throwing up and diarrhea
- Flu feet sweating
- Flaky spots of blood in my urine
- Encephalitis cause numbness in arms
- Symptoms of Typhoid fever
- Are rash symptoms of typhoid fever?
- Hand foot mouth disease pregnancy