Could blood be donated to relatives? - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help you today?
I have one general question..,
Yes it can be given
But still all the tests will be done on the blood of the donor
Rh compatability will also be checked
And who is the donor?
and at the same time they said not from me because I am from the same family tree..
What was the reason given?
she is O+ive and me too.., So it is OK right..?
They also check for blood transmitted infections
they said they usually do not transfuse if they are of close relatives because of possible side effects..
I was under an impression that rather to transfer blood from an unknown person, it is safe if i donate but then the doctors are refusing it so.., So was worried..
There must be a medical reason forit
how to improve the hemoglobin content in blood..? Any suggestions..?
Sometimes the same cause is also present in relatives
It depends on the hemoglobin count and the cause for low hemoglobin
With hematinics it usually takes 1 month for the hemoglobin to increase by 1 unit
I am a boy and she is a girl. All i had known is that she is got some profuse bleeding problem and hence the hemoglobin content went low.., They said the content was only about 6 dl/ml? I am not sure of the unit though (dl/ml?). but the number is around 6..
ok thank you.., I will check for dexorange syrup...,
So the doctors are thinking of replacing the decreased factors along with blood
Bleeding problem and low hemoglobin willbe taken care of at the same time with transfusing blood
I hope you are understanding the reason
yes.., they said bcoz the Hg content is too low.., it is better to transfuse.., they had drips along with some medicine for now..,
I will check with the doctor...,
Thank you so much for your time and advise.., Thanks...
Hope I helped
Thanks for consulting me
you definitely did.., Have a good day!
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Lower stomach twiches in male
- Can smoking marijuana lower ur potassium
- Can blood relatives donate blood to each other
- Excessive sweating and feeling cold simultaneously any suggestions
- Could hyperpigmentation be related to blood pressure
- Head pain near one eye throbbing feeling nosebleeds thoughts
- Donating plasma vs donating blood
- Suffering with g6pdd which citrus fruits are recommended
- Alt ast and triglycerides high hypochondriac suggest
- Lump in lower lumbar under skin
- Trouble swallowing and low thyroids
- What does low sgot
- Strange feeling in mouth light headed smoker cause of concern
- Menieres disease and donating blood
- Could the new warm lump be related to coughing blood