Contagiousness of viral bronchitis - Online Doctor Chats
User : hi
Doctor : Hi
Doctor : how can i help you?
User : I'm visiting my sister-in-law for 1 week. She has viral bronchitis. Is it contagious?
User : I've had bronchitis before took medicine and it went away fast
any viral infection is contagious.
User : I hear different things, it's contagious it's not. When i Had it my dr told me I wasn't contagious
User : How do you know if it's viral or not?
User : She caught it while in Italy
User : she was on vacation
User : and she was sleeping in the cold with no heat
User : how can that be viral??
Doctor : most common cause for bronchitis is viral fever
User : Should I be concerned that I may catch it?
other causes could be allergic
User : Ok she started with a sore throat
User : and has been coughing non stop
User : taking medicine
User : but not antibiotics
User : shouldnt they prescribe her antibiotics??
User : how likely am I to catch bronchitis?
User : is it a 50/50 chance?
Doctor : doe she have fever?
User : no fever
User : just cough
User : no mucus either
then the chances of infection is unlikely
and antibiotic therapy is not required
User : Thank you on my behalf
User : im concerned for her
User : she isnt getting better shes getting worse
User : and they have not prescribed antibiotics
Doctor : ok
as i mentioned about the other causes
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Bronchitis viral or bacterial
- Is partially cured viral bronchitis be contagious
- Is bronchitis a viral infection
- Abortion pill possible detect in blood doctor
- Viral bronchitis contagious how long
- Is cough a side effect of calcitonin?
- Inoflox can cause abortion
- Smoking weed night before abortion
- Is cough a side effect of tapentadol?
- Is cough a side effect of combivent?
- Medical abortion blood smells
- Is headache a side effect of dulera?
- Mised abort and vitamin b12 lack
- Is bruising a side effect of advair?
- Viral bronchitis vs bacterial bronchitis