Constipated, took Fibril and some stool softener, only temporary relief. Problem is back. What's wrong ? - Online Doctor Chats
How are you doing doctor?
I am doing great
Hope you are doing well too
not too bad thanks :)
I had a query about a some concerns I have.
2 weeks back, I had some symptoms of constipation.. One of my doctor friends suggested to go for fibril and stool softner - forgot the name of the same
situation improved within 5 days of having the same. But it seems to be back this week again. I try to take lot of salads in my diet.. but not sure what is going wrong
any help with the same greatly appreciated
Is this constipation problem occurring since last 2 weeks and not before that?
nope only for last 2 weeks or so.. had minor stuff before once or twice but got alright in a day or so
How often are you passing stools since last 2 weeks?
Is it painful?
Do you see any bleed while you pass stools?
its almost daily and not painful or blood in stool
but sometimes there is a gap for a day
there is that feeling that the system is not fully clean
It is not constipation then
You have a feeling of incomplete evacuation of the bowel
There is probably hard stools and lot of strain involved in passing the stools
more or less yes
but sometimes I feel slight pain in lower chest on the right side
I understand your concern
as if some pressure or something
this happens when I breathe deep
is this also associated symptom
This is not related to the stool problem
This seems a different issue altogether
it got ok when I took the fibril powder and stool softner and things were normal
You cannot take them on a regular basis
You need to work on your diet
ofcourse I understand
I get that you eat lot of salads
Good, you must continue taking them
Take fruits every day
drink plenty of water
Over period, your symptoms will improve
is it alright taking psyllium husk on regular basis
I mean for a week or so..
You can take it on a daily basis
would you suggest that I consult someone for the pain that I encounter sometimes when I feel constipated
in the chest region
Not required at this moment
If it gives you trouble often you may consult a medical Gastroenterologist
alright, appreciate your time and help. thank you.
Thank you too
Get well soon
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Still constipated after stool softener
- Stool softeners for chronic constipation
- Strong drugs for constipation
- Duphaston dosage for getting periods
- Econorm dosage for 3 months old
- Econorm sachet dosage for kids
- Infection of penis due to constipation
- Constipation impacted stools stool softener laxatives liquid diet
- Livolin forte dosage side effect
- Pregnant cramps nausea can i take stool softeners for constipation
- Isabgol in constipation due to hypothyroid
- Have flat stools constipation abdominal pain taken stool softener
- Constipation due to hcg
- Constipation due to ferikind
- Nicip plus dosage side effects