Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Compartment syndrome - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: General Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 667 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   Doctor :   How may i help you?
Doctor :   Are you there?
User :   I met an accident on 23.04.2007 with following observations: Grade I compound fracture(Lt) Tibia upper 1/3rd - Communited fracture head and neck of left Fibula - Acute compartment Syndrome (Lt) Let - Stretched (PN (Lt) Popliteal artery after the trifurcation. Present status: I have only about 30% sensation in my lower left limb. There is no ankle movement. Please tell me whether any further imrovement is possible in my lower left limb.
Doctor :   Yes there are possibilities

Doctor :   Are you taking regular phsiotherapy?
User :   Then please tell me how to proceed.
Doctor :   Plz start your physiotherapy sesions
Doctor :   That will improve the blood flow and sensitivity
Doctor :   You can also take some nerve stimulators like Neurobion supplements
Doctor :   Did you consult a vascular surgeon following the injury
Doctor :   As there are mild improvements follwing excercises , for complete recovery you have to meet the vascular surgeon
Doctor :   Its been so long following injury so the chances of recovery from phsiotherapy are 30% but correction is advised

User :   No I have stopped physiotherapy since 2 years.Now I am able to walk without any support. So my doctor asked not to go for physiotherapy further. My orthopedic and plastic surgeon are saying that my motor nerve has been damaged and chances of ankle movement are very remote.
Doctor :   You Have to take chances do have an second opnion from a different surgeon he might help you
Doctor :   Your location?

Doctor :   There is always chances for reconstruction if done by an expert surgeon ( vascular) not plastic surgeon
User :   Please ask me about the scope of treatment in your hospital or any other hospital and the probable expenditure for this treatment
Doctor :   So dont give hopes give it a second try do meet an senior specialist for second opnion sure will have better results

Doctor :   You can give a try in Sparsh/ Hosmat they are the best for orthopedic vascular procedures

Doctor :   We dont have an hospital we are an online firm with apnel of doctors

Doctor :   Wishing you all the best
Doctor :   Wishing you a speedy recovery
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting me
User :   I am residing Doctor :   Bye for now

Question is related to
Medical Procedures
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor