Cold, runny nose and sore throat. On medication for GERD. Remedy? - Online Doctor Chats
Dr. XXXXXXX here
How can I help you?
Good Evening doc
and its not going
and its gving a discomfort to me
also with cold having Phlegm ..and its white in color
phlegm is coming regular now
how to overcome these things doc?
Are you running fever?
no temperature is always below 98.6 F
May I know your age?
Do you have history of diabetes?
Have you had similar symptoms in the past?
actually i was suffering with GERD
but now am recovering from it..and its almost fine now
Let me brief you.
but still under medication
This upper respiratory tract inflammation can be caused by viruses, bacterial, allergies, pre-existing nasal conditions such as DNS, sinusitis and by GERD.
Presence of high grade fever would indicate a serious infection.
Now that you do not have fever, I shall suggest you a few measure, which you can try at home.
yeah.. i hav dust allergy..before this started i cleaned up place and was having good cold that day..
1. Try deep steam inhalation thrice a day. You can add contents of Karvol Plus capsule into warm water and inhale.
This gives better results than simple steam inhalation.
ok doc.. will surely try
It will soothen your throat and relieve the distress.
3. Warm milk mixed with a teaspoon of turmeric has expectorant properties.
You can drink a glass of milk with turmeric once a day for 2-3 days.
4. Avoid dust and other allergies.
5. Avoid cold and refrigerated drinks/food products.
6. Watch the progress of symptoms.
If symptoms are severe and troubling/if they do not improve with the above mentioned measures or if you develop fever,
you need to consider consulting your physician for more specific prescription drug containing treatment.
Have you followed?
will follow these things
Do you have any questions?
No doc.. till how much days shud i follow these things?
These measures can be tried for 2-3 days. You can watch the progress. If they do not improve you can consult your physician. He/she can add other drugs to this treatment.
Have you followed what I said?
Do you have any queries?
whom should i consult. general medicine physician?
ENT surgeon would be ideal.
OKies.. thanks doc
Do you have any other questions?
Thanks for consulting me.
Bye for now.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Perforated septum and post nasal drip
- Soft palate post nasal drip
- Stopping os nasal drip
- Runny nose cough sore throat light headed
- Post nasal drip one nostril
- Cyclafem vs necon
- Runny nose no sore throat swollen gums
- Zyrtec vs alavert
- Runny nose coughing sore throat
- Azurette vs kariva
- Runny nose aches sore throat headache
- Methylprednisolone post nasal drip
- Cardizem cd generic
- Marinol vs cesamet
- Runny nose congestion sore throat flem