Cold and cough, yellow and white phlegm with running nose. What medication can be given? - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help you?
and i'm travelling tomorrow on vacation
and my Paediatrician is also on vacation
so wanted to consult before i give him any medicine
Is he running fever?
my doctor prescribes either dilosyn or cetirizine
Since when is he having these symptoms?
last 5 days slight running nose, but yesterday and today he is getting yello/white phlegm when he blows his nose
thats why i'm a bit worried
Let me brief you.
Since he has these symptoms since last 5 years, there is every possibility of getting secondary infection.
if I were to be his treating doctor, I would also recommend antiobiotic as preventive measure.
Therefore the following are my recommendations.
1. Cetrizine can be given one dose at night.
2. Encourage steam inhalation thrice a day
3. Avoid cold and refrigerated food/drinks
4. Consult a nearby doctor who can give you a written prescription of antibiotics.
last time my doctor prescribed Azro
should i give him that
I would not suggest you to take any antibiotic without consulting a doctor. The dose and frequency of medication varies with his current weight and the severity of infection.
Moreover irregular medication can result in bacterial resistance; something I do not want to happen.
he weighs around 25 Kg now
Have you followed?
Do you have any queries?
no doctor, i'l try and take him to a nearby doctor then
Thanks for consulting me.
Bye for now.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- What is the remedy for cough and running nose
- Coughing and running nose for months
- 1year old fell down stairs
- Tonsils after removal
- Dry cough in 1st trimester of pregnancy
- Fade age spots naturally
- Recovery after tonsil surgery
- Child has cough cold running nose weeping
- 1year baby loose motion ayurvedic treatment
- Cancer in old age
- Common age for fibromyalgia
- Ondem syrup dosage for 1year old
- Cold running nose coughing phlegm lack of appetite teething cure
- Fever cough and running nose
- Sporlac for 1year old baby