Chronic mastoiditis - Online Doctor Chats
Doctor : hi
how can i help you?
User : Hi,
User : My Father is suffering from Loss of hearing and has had discharge from his ear for the past few years. We went to see two doctors and one suggested an operation while the other said that he can be treated with medicines. I looked up wiki for info and it does say that it can be treated by medicines.
My concern is he is suffering from hearing loss already and if medicines dont work, the condition might worsen. On the other hand,if we go with the operation, would it be safe?
User : The Xray gave the impression as: Chronic Mastoiditis
what is the diagnosis made for your father for which the operation is suggested?
User : Chronic Mastoiditis
chronic mastoiditis can be very much treated with medicines and with surgery
surgery has better results with almost 0.1-1% recurrence chances
medications will just be for the treatment of th ecurrent episode
with recurrences happening many times
User : thanks
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Meaning of bilateral chronic mastoiditis
- Bitter taste after drinking water
- Born with fluid behind ears
- Brain tumors behind ear
- Bitter taste after using fortacart inhaler
- Chronic mastoiditis eye pain
- A rash behind both ears
- Bone behind ear swo
- Swollen black bruise after blood test
- White on tongue after bitten
- Chronic mastoiditis in adults
- Chronic mastoiditis causes
- Full stomach after few bites
- Raised bp pain behind ear
- Treatment and cure for chronic mastoiditis