Chronic mastoiditis - Online Doctor Chats
Doctor : hi
how can i help you?
User : Hi,
User : My Father is suffering from Loss of hearing and has had discharge from his ear for the past few years. We went to see two doctors and one suggested an operation while the other said that he can be treated with medicines. I looked up wiki for info and it does say that it can be treated by medicines.
My concern is he is suffering from hearing loss already and if medicines dont work, the condition might worsen. On the other hand,if we go with the operation, would it be safe?
User : The Xray gave the impression as: Chronic Mastoiditis
what is the diagnosis made for your father for which the operation is suggested?
User : Chronic Mastoiditis
chronic mastoiditis can be very much treated with medicines and with surgery
surgery has better results with almost 0.1-1% recurrence chances
medications will just be for the treatment of th ecurrent episode
with recurrences happening many times
User : thanks
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Meaning of bilateral chronic mastoiditis
- Chronic mastoiditis eye pain
- Organs leftside between ribs cage and hip
- Hard between rib cage
- Why do your sinuses bleed
- Reasons for a blocked nose
- Itchy rash between butt during pregnancy
- Chronic mastoiditis in adults
- Chronic mastoiditis causes
- Unexpected nose bleed
- Types of nose bleeds
- Red line between buttocks
- Open sores between buttocks
- Right side nose bleeds
- Treatment and cure for chronic mastoiditis