Child with persisting diarrhea. Treatment? - Online Doctor Chats
My son is 1yr 3 months
he is getting loose motion
I took him to hospital
They advised to give Z&D Drops 1ml daily
I am giving it from past 2 days
and i am also giving him ORS
It is not stopped yet
Ok. I need to know a little more details.
Should i take him to hospital or should i continue the medication
Since when he is having loose motion?
How many times a day does he pass motion?
After having food
twice he passed very watery little
and third time more he passed
within 1 hr
Does he cry while passing motion?
Is there any blood in the motion?
no blood in motion
How is your son otherwise? Is he playing well? Having food normally? Is he active as usual?
he is getting very tired
Did he have fever?
he looks very week
Is he passing urine noramlly as before?
I didnt check, but yesterday after passing motion he passed urine very yellowish
I would suggest you few things.
1. Please continue giving him ORS.
2. Z&D also can be continued
3. You can include Syp. Nutrolin B for his treatment.
2ml twice daily can be given.
Are you following?
4. If tiredness is increasing, or if urine output is decreased you will have to take him to the hospital.
It is ok. Have you followed?
Please continue the present treatment.
keep the boy welll fed and hydrated.
If fever is occurring, he will need antibiotics.
Hope I had been able to relieve your concerns.
Do yo have any other queries?
No thank you
Thanks for consulting me.
Let us know if you have any health related queries.
Bye for now.
Related questions you may be interested in
People also viewed
- Persisting diarrhea post treatment history of diverticulitis help
- Fever eyes hurt after hitting head
- Black watery poop after c section
- Persistent diarrhea in adults
- White spots after tonsillectomy turning black
- Persistent diarrhea stomach pain
- Fever after falling and hitting head
- Fever after a fall
- Black spot after tb skin test
- Green stool after extreme exercise
- Stool is black after c section
- Enuresus after a virus
- Black stool after red wine
- Is it normal to get persisting diarrhea after gastric
- Persistent diarrhea with mucus