Child with mild fever, vomiting, took crocin syrup. Cure? - Online Doctor Chats
please proceed with your query
i need some advice for my daughter 32 months old
can i get hold of a paediatrician?
our regular doc is unreachable at this time
We do not have pediatricians available for live chat.
You can proceed with your query, I am sure I can help you out. Or else you can go to your nearest hospital.
my daughter had mild fever yesterday afternoon and she vomited once in morn and once in evening
we took her to our regular paediatrican yese=terday eve and she gave medicianes...they were
although she presecrived antibiotic it was ONLY if she had diarrhoea
today until afternoon she was dng ok...99-101 fever, but no vomit or diarrhoea
in fact she hasnd had bowel movement in last 2 days now
evening fever shot up to 103.6 and we gave her crocin (usual dose) and sponge bath
her fever came down to 101-102...
you mean she has not passed stool since last 2 days?
we gave her that crocin ~6.30pm today evening
now again her fever is gng up....doc had asked her to wattch until fri night
we r OK with that...except what do we do when fever shoots up in the night
and secondly should there be any change in course of medicines
these were r my 2 basic Qs
im done typing
If the fever shoots up you can do sponging.
what is the strength of the crocin syrup?
usual (i.e not DS) i think 120mg...about 7 ML every 4-5 hrs is what we have used as she had told
What is the weight of your child?
you can give upto 200mg every 6 hours.
Please confirm the strength and dosage again.
ok let me check
And you can do sponging with a wet towel.
ok...its written as 120mg/5ML....we hv used 7 ML every 4-5 hrs
Just dip a towel in normal water(Tap water) and wipe your baby with that till her fever has gone down
You can increase the crocin by another ml
that is you can give her 8 ml every 6 hours.
usually we hv seen her fever starts shooting up around fourth hour
the extra 1 ml should take care of that.
in between today she did complain of stomach pain...as i said she hasnt had bowel movement in last 2 days....doc was expecting she may get diarrhoea if it was some food posoning or gastro...but doesnt appear so
Maybe it is just a viral fever, and will settle down by four or five days, till then you can continue with the medicines.
And you can always revert back to your doctor if it shows no signs of improvement.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- What does discoloration of the feces aspirin
- Severe abdominal bloating and pain
- Aspirin blood in seeman
- Infant with loose stools fever vomiting how to get cured
- Abdominal pain and vaginal bleeding
- Pcos stomach pain vomiting fever diarrhea depression taking norethisterone cure
- Gallbladder and lower abdominal pain
- Small child fever vomiting stomach pain antibiotics taken cure
- Vomiting diarrhea fever surgery scheduled for cholelithiasis cure for condition
- Aspirin causes severe constipation
- Does aspirin lower hemoglobin count
- Hyperthyroidism proximal myopathy started physiotherapy session nausea vomiting fever cure
- Does an aspirin a day help cholesterol
- Abdominal pain cold sweat pale
- Abdominal pain after bowel resection