Child with loose motion. Due to teething? How to control? - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help you?
my daughter 7.5 months
and it seems that she is teething
she is crying a lot...
and getting loose motions
so do we need to be concerned
she is eating well...
only thing is she is passing motion frequently
No. You do not have to get concerned.
Just make sure that she does not get dehydrated.
Yes. Oral rehydration Salt will be required.
ok...so what should be the quantity and how often should we feed her
i mean the ORS
Loose motion usually is not associated with teething.
but thats the general belief i guess so
Whatever she looses as fluid has to be replaced. So you can mix one ORS packet in one litre of warm water.
And keep her feeding if she is not taking breast milk properly.
and when do we need to get alarmed or concerned
she is taking the mother's milk and solids properly
Watch out for decrease activity.
but only thing is that sometimes she does cry a lot....
her activity are as normal....
Crying can be because of the irritation she has on her gums.
ok...so is there something that can be done for the gums?
It can also be that she is having discomfort in her stomach.
we are giving her gripe water in the morning one time one teaspoon
You can use teether which are cooled.
Gripe water can increase the motion.
u mean the water filled teethers.
For the time being you can stop giving gripe water.
so we can stop the gripe water for sometime
So the points you have to remember is
1. Keep her well hydrated with breast milk and if needed ORS.
3. Clean teethers can be used.
i did see some kind of mucous in her stool yesterday...a little bit...
Have you followed?
thanks doctor...i will take care of the points mentioned by you...
yes sure...will take care of the points mentioned...
thanks again and a happy diwali to you.
Is there anything else I can assist you with?
no thats all...will get back if i need to consult on anything else
Thanks for consulting me. Happy Diwali to you and your family too.
btw i didn't get your name
thanks dr. XXXXXXX you have been of great help
i will exit the chat now.
You are Welcome.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Loose motion due to teething in homeopathy
- Glossophobia natural treatment
- Loose motion due to teething treatment
- Glucerna milk during pregnancy
- Loose motion due to teething
- Solution on loose motion due to teething
- High fever with kidney pain
- How to stop loose motion due to teething
- Childs hands grey in color what is wrong
- Glycomet er 1gm
- Fever stomach ache headache sore tongue with white spots
- Go to the bathroom constantly after drinking alcohol
- Infant has rashes is dermadew safe suggest best products
- Got hit in the eye now swollen up
- What is the remedy to decrease stammering