Child suffering with fever and cold. Suggestion? - Online Doctor Chats
later this cold has been changed to cold + fever,
Does he have any cough?
the fever level is at 99.5 degrees at this moment,
he does not have any cough,
Have a nice day
It was not for you
we are not sure, but we are thinking that this might be on account of weather change or water change,
Does he have any runny nose?
its very light,
the level is that, we are just cleaning his nose once in 1-2 hrs,
It might due to allergy due to cold whether as you say but may also be due viral or bacterial infections
let us know if this is a acceptable fever level,
let us know your advice..
No, it is not acceptable particularly in kids
what is the normal temperature for kids sir ?
It ranges from 98.0 to 98.7
But if it allergic, he wont be having fever
I suspect it as viral infection or possibly bacterial
If it is viral, it is self limiting, may be in 4 to 7 days but there is chance of getting complicated to bacterial infection
And if it bacterial infection he might need antibiotics
To assess this and need of antibiotics, he needs physical examination
In children viral infections usually gets secondary bacterial infection, so Pediatricians starts them on antibiotics for preventive measures
I suggest you to do tepid sponging, to control fever
Tepid sponging is putting and slightly ribbing a wet cloth on his body
ya, got it sir,
Also you can give him Paracetamol syrup 125 mg, 5 ml if fever exceeds or not controlled with tepid sponging
But he might need antibiotics which should be assessed by Pediatrician after physical exam
Did you follow what I said? Please get back to me in case of doubts.
thank you very much for your time and advice.
Use syrup only if he is not jaundiced
is there any possibility wherein we can reach out to you only
sure sir, there is no jaundice to him.
I will be hear during day time, they would connect to me.
sure sir, thank you very much..
Thanks for consulting. Rate if you have time. Bye for now.
thanks again sir, bye.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Child suffering from fever and cold on paracetamol any suggestion
- 7 months old baby has lump and fever
- Side effects after liver biopsy
- Getting pregnant after endometrial biopsy
- What happens after thyroid biopsy
- Child fever with infectious cold
- Baby losing voice from crying is this normal
- Child fever with cold legs
- Pimples on my 11-year old sons body after a fever
- Suffering from cold and fever
- Bleeding after cervical polyp removal
- Bladder blood clots after surgery
- Does cytotec cause fever and skin rashes
- 2 year old baby has watery eyes and running nose
- Suggest medication for cold and fever