Child suffering from fever, throat infection. Treatment? - Online Doctor Chats
Please proceed with your query
Sorry to hear that
Did you record his temperature?
his temp is 96-98 in morning 100 at afternoon and night
I think he may need a course of antibiotic
i showed him to a doctor
What did the doctor say?
he prescribed clamp 11/4 for 2 time a day for 6 days
alongwith neozeet syrup 3 times a day
my child is 6.5 years old
question is should i continue with this for 2 for days or so i need to change any medicine ?
I will suggest you on this
You should continue all the medicines for 6 days
so u are suggeting me to keep him 2 days more on this prescribed medicine right ?
is there any restriction for food ?
he eats egg and mangoes a littile more than usual daily
Clamp 11/4 is an antibiotic
Finish the entire bottle
I mean complete the course of antibiotic
ok i will continue with clamp
but clamp is not bottle it is tablet provided
Neozeet and calpol, you can stop after 2 to 3 days
with 1 1/4 dosage for 2 times a day
Please finish the full course of tablet clamp
What is the weight of yous son?
regarding food any restrictions ?
he is eating home made food only now
ice creams or cold drinks
Continue with home made food
yes this i have avoided as doctor already mentioned
Plain dal and rice will be better
is providing egg ok or not ?
You can give it
ok and mangoes ?
There is no restriction for it
Yes, you can give mangoes too
now if after 2 days fever of 100 degree persists wat should i do ?
Is there anything else I may help you with, ?
and this fever comes only in afternoon or night tome rest of time no fever
It will gradually subside
Continue to give calpol for 2 more days
k what is the reason for this fever ? is it due to the exertion of 3 days in car comboined with 6 hours in water park and outside food for 3 days ?
or any thing else ?
It is because of the throat infection usually because of streptococcal infection
He will recover soon
ok so i hope no need for any blood or urine tests if fever doesnt subsidy ami i correct ?
It is not required as such
He shall be fine in 3 days time with continued antibiotics
only if required i will contact else if fever subsides in 2 days this is not required
Yes, that is right
thanks a lot for all your help and suggestions
it was very nice for you to provide these helpful inputs
Thank you too
bye and thank you again
Pleasure is mine
Wishing your son a speedy recovery
Bye and take care
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- What could be the reason for having pain after urination
- Otion problem in 7 month old baby's
- Can i use otrivin pediatric for my 3 months old baby
- My 3 month old baby had a stinky pasty stool
- Is it safe to give wikoryl syrup to 4 month old baby?
- What is the treatment for epilepsy
- Strep throat infection with fever
- Breathing problems with bloated stomach could this be copd
- Treatment for fever with throat infection
- Had hiatal hernia operation and suffering from bad migraine
- Suggest treatment for throat infection and fever
- Frequent throat infection and fever
- Baby almost 4 month poop is yellow, and very snottlike
- Can applying kojivit gel help in improving skin complexion
- Throat infection and typhoid fever