Child reduced intake of mother's milk. What are the solid foods that can be given to a child? - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help you?
I need some info...about by 5 month old male baby..
We are planning to start solid food feeding from this month..
He has decreased his take-in content of mother's milk...!
Just want to know what are the food items we can consider for this age..
You can start with semisolid food.
Usually, any food which we have at home can be given.
Like rice, fruits, vegetables.
Only thing is that, you have to start one food item in a week.
How do we know if they allergetic to a type of food ?
what are the symptoms ?
There may be symptoms of allergy such as skin rashes with itching.
Why do they reduce the mother's milk content ?
I didn't get you.
If you mean why we have to reduce mother's milk content,
Mother's milk is very nutritious. But that would not be enough to give all the nutrition required for the child once they reach 5-6 months of age.
So we need to give other food along with it.
Mother's milk needs to be continued till the age of 2 years.
Are you following what I have said till now?
Are you there?
Are you there?
I am back..
Have you understood what I said earlier?
No I meant that my kid has reduced the intake of the content of the mother;s milk..
Just want to know what could be the reason behind this...
It could be due to various reasons.
Even after several hours of sleeping he unwilling to take mothers milk in his mouth..
Actually based on my elder's suggestion We have tried orange juice from last two days...
When there is reduced milk output, or if he is starting to teeth, or if fever or gastric problems, occasionally they can reduce the intake.
Orange juice can be given.
And we saw that after giving that he has started reducing milk...
Otherwise how is the child's activity?
He is doing good...as normall
When he is not drinking mother's milk,, we tried to give orange juice...and he drank very fast...
If his activity, urine output and motion is normal, then there should be no reason to worry.
you just need to continue trying to feed on milk and try to include other diet in his food.
thanks for your advices..
we will follow and get back if necessary..
I hope I was of help to you.
Is there anything else I could help you with?
Thanks for consulting me.
Bye for now.
Have a nice Evening!!
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- I have a pea sized lump an inch to the left of my belly button
- White patches on my temple
- Toddler patchy white stool
- Red patches on toddlers tongue
- Child with loose motion no solid intake only liquid suggestions
- I have a pimple on my arm now my arm hurts
- Poop is partially white
- Child with constipation only milk and juice intake treatment
- Toddler wont pass stools
- I have a lump on my leg when i bend it
- Child not liking any solid food can cerelac be given
- What solid foods to introduce for 35 month old child
- I got a sore foreskin and found discharge what it is
- Childs weight gradually reducing after giving solid food suggestion
- I have a skin tag in my armpit that keeps getting irritated and bleeds and has a discharge