Child is having fever and cold. Suggest cure? - Online Doctor Chats
Hi Good morning
How can I help you?
My son who is five years old is not keeping well from yesterday night
he is having fever & cold
also he is complaining about pain in the throat
we had given him, sinerest plus
his fever came down for a while.
Can you please suggest me some medicines
Is he having cough, skin rashes?
Let me brief you.
he is shivering &
The symptoms that your son has is suggestive of upper respiratory tract inflammation. It is usually caused by virus which are self resolving condition.
However as this temperature is high above 100 degree and he is also having shivering, bacterial infection need to be ruled out.
I think he will need a course of antibiotic.
As antibiotic are prescription only medication, it is better to see a pediatrician and get a prescription for it.
In the meantime, give him warm food and fluids to drink.
If he is able to perform gargling, advice him to gargle warm salt water.
can we give me sinerest plus until such time we consult a pediatrician
The medication as such is good; however the dose of it need to calculated as per his body weight and needs.
and plan to see the doctor.
ok thank you doctors
I am sorry, Thank you doctor
Do you have any other query?
Right now no
Thanks for consulting me.
Bye for now.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- How to cure cold and fever of infant
- Toddler very swollen tummy and vomit
- High fever cold sweat cure
- Treatment and cure for cold, light fever
- Fallen metatarsal head
- Azithral 200 cure cold and fever
- Toddler rash peeling
- Toddler has red bumps on buttocks and legs
- Child fever with infectious cold
- Fainting due to stomach problems
- Fast growing lump side neck
- Fatty liver with grade 2 changes
- Feel throat block
- Treatment of loos motion with blood
- Treatment of mouth sore for 7 month old baby