Child complaining of pain behind knees at nights. - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help you?
I daughter is 4 yrs 10 mnths now
Hi, proceed with your query.
Sometime at night(only after going to bed) she complains its paining behind her knees
few of my relatives say that it is growth pain
just want to confirm
its not regular
but spclly on the days where she did lots of activities
Organic knee problem is usually associated with other symptoms such as swelling, redness and reduced mobility.
If your daughter is able to move her knees without much difficulties and she has no other associated complaints,
no there is nothing such
Yes, if she has no such associated complaints, then it doesn't seem to be a serious knee complaints.
Therefore I would agree with your relatives that this should be a growth pain.
its not at knee actually....she points the nerves on the back side of knee
Do you see any visibly dilated veins around there?
If there are visibly dilated veins, it also does not indicate serious issue.
And therefore this still possibly could be growth pains.
If she is not able to tolerate, then a small dose of analgesics such as ibuprofen syrup can be taken.
Have you followed?
no I never visited to her doctor on this issue...as it was never so severe..and also very occassional
That's right... The symptoms are not concerning.
But if your daughter is not able to tolerate the pain, then
it may be a good option to give her pain medicines (analgesics)
Ibuprofen is routinely used for such pains,
your pediatrician can prescribe it to her.
ok sir understood thanks a lot
Do you have any other query?
thanks a lot
Thanks for consulting me.
Bye for now.
Related questions you may be interested in
People also viewed
- Bubble bath during period
- Hot bath causeing headache
- Does hair bath cause hairfall
- Greyish bump on rectum
- Hot bath caused nausea and racing heart
- Red bumps in groin toddler
- Red bumps in throat and green stool
- Cochlear implants in baths cause electrocution
- Toddlers bump on head wont go away
- Child complaining of throat pain at night
- Child complaining of temple pain
- Child complaining of arm pain
- Child complains of neck pain
- Five year old bumped his head
- Child leg pain behind knee