Child. Recurring fever. Taking crocin syrup. Suggest - Online Doctor Chats
This is Dr XXXXXXX
How are you?
what is your son's weight?
he was fine in the morning.. but the fever is coming back to him now.. (i got a call fm home)
just a min
around 20 kgs
does he have any cough/ cold/ diarrhoea/ vomiting?
Actually the thing is that you gave him a low dose of crocin
The dose is actually 15mg/kg
This can be given 3-4 times a day
But what is more important is that we need to find out why is he having the fever
in terms of ml how much shud i give him now
yes.. i will take him to the padeac in the evening..
If his weight is say about 18 kg, the dose become 2.5 tsp
Do you have the bottle right now
crocin comes in 2 forms
125mg/5 ml and 150mg/mL
It becomes 2.5 tsp if you have 125 mg/5mL
and its 1 and 3/4 tsp if its 150mg/5 ml
Who is home right now with your son?
i checked with the medical store.. he has sent home 125 mg
then it becomes 2.5 tsp
also, I would want someone to do sponging with tepid water and give him lots of fluids
i will arrange for that to be given to him..
Take him to the physician in the evening
Is there anything else I can help you with?
thats all. thanks
Thanks for consulting me
Bye for now
Related questions you may be interested in
People also viewed
- Breast cancer metastasis causes
- Breasts aches causes
- Crocin syrup dosage for fever
- 3 year old headache stomach
- Psychological amnesia causes
- Adrenal neoplasm causes
- Crocin syrup fever
- Crocin syrup for fever during pregnancy
- 4 year old headache vomiting
- Palmar hyperhidrosis causes
- White head spots on toddler
- Child syrup fever mefkind
- Yellow mucous with headache treatment
- Child syrup levolin for which fever
- 9 year old white heads