Child. Eye infection with white discharge, throat infection, mild fever. Advice - Online Doctor Chats
I am Dr. XXXXXXX here.
How can I help you?
Doctor, my son who is 2 years old has some eye infection. there is a white discharge from his eyes since today afternoon.
Is there redness?
Is it in both the eyes?
no in the left eye
Does he have blocked nostrils?
yes.. he has throat infection
Let me guide you regarding this.
There is a small tube which connects the eyes with the nostrils. It is through this tube that the tears drain into the nose.
When there is cold or nasal blockage, there can be blocking of this tubes.
Which can lead to discharge from the eyes.
But, again there can also be discharge when there is an eye infection.
If there is eye infection, he will need eye drops. Otherwise, treatment for the cold would suffice.
actually the eye infection started today and he does have cough from last few days.
To understand whether there is an eye infection, it is important to get his eyes examined by a pediatrician or your family doctor.
Both does not appear together. First the cold or cough starts and later, there can be eye infection.
Have you understood what I said?
so do i need to wait for some time to understand if it is related to cough
So, best is to get it examined first. And then a treatment can be initiated.
There is nothing to panic.
treatment is readily available after a diagnosis.
i am giving him cherricoff
as advised by his pediatrician
around 99 degrees
but he also has another infection in stomach for which i have given him
have you consulted the pediatrician after the fever started?
When was the medicines started?
yes she told me that infection is there so fever may be there
medicines started 2 days back
It should get better then.
today it was little better
It would take at least 3-5 days for the medicines to get to its full effect. So do not worry regarding that.
is the fever related to stomach bug or cough
i am a little confused over this
Anyway, since you are consulting the pediatrician for your son's eye infection, he will be able to re-evaluate the kid.
From the history you mentioned, it seems more related to the loose motions.
actually i may not be able to consult pediatrician until Saturday, so can you suggest something in the meantime
Sorry, I would not be able to prescribe anything until I examine him. It would be clearly unethical to do that.
Sorry for that. But, do not worry.
Continue the medicines he is on.
ok. thank you for your time
And clean his eyes with a tissue whenever discharge is there.
i would like to sign off
Thank you for consulting.
Bye for now.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Have fever with cough prescribed mefkind-p fexy suspension right medication
- Broke rib under right breast paining help
- Had unprotected sex abnormal bleeding tiredness sleepiness need for doctor
- Vomiting with hiccups on milk rice what is the reason
- Strep throat infection with fever
- Semen analysis shows liquefaction sperm count am i fertile
- Throat infection and mild fever
- Frequent throat infection and fever
- Throat infection fever cold
- High fever blood test done suggestions
- Fever green colour stool of baby what is treatment
- Diagnosed with parathyroid tumor surgery suggested whom to consult
- Taking lopressor maxide and cozaar for hypertension help
- Varied temperature high fever cough could this be flu
- Throat infection and typhoid fever