Chiari malformation, seizure dx and asthma - Online Doctor Chats
Doctor : hi
Doctor : how can i help you
User : hello
Doctor : hi
User : my son has a dx of chiari malformation, seizure dx and asthma, i had to call 911 for him last week due to seizures they increased his meds which made him sleep found out his tegretol level was 13.5 he's 2
Doctor : ok
User : just last night i had to take him back to the e r he had a temp of 103.5 and was having difficulty breathing, they also diagnosed him with croup
User : he is still not at his norm, excessively cranky with a poor appetite, what do you suggest i do?
Doctor : Arnold-Chiari malformation is a malformation of the brain.
User : i know....could it be related to his seizures or could it contribute to the symptoms he's having now?
Doctor : Chiari malformations (CMs) are structural defects in the cerebellum, the part of the brain that controls balance.
Doctor : yes it can lead to seizures
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Baby tummy red spots allergy
- Vagina infections due to smoking
- Motion sickness due to hormonal imbalance
- Urinary infection due to public toilets
- Baby allergy reaction to sinus medication
- Pregnancy and chiari malformation
- Teeth hurting with chiari malformation
- Gluten allergy bacterial vaginosis
- Plagiocephaly and chiari malformation
- Milk allergies and back flow
- Chiari malformation delivery
- Chiari malformation and learning disabilities
- Premature beats and food allergies
- Spots due to injury
- Skin rashes due to imbalance hormone