Chances of surgery for fracture of metarsal neck - Online Doctor Chats
User : Hello?
Doctor : hi
User : hi
Doctor : how can i help u
Doctor : please proceed with your query
User : I have fractured the neck of the 5th metatarsal bone in my foot, it is slightly displaced....I'm just wondering the odds the orthopedic doctor will reccomend surtyer
User : surgery
Doctor : ok
Doctor : i will hlwp u in this
Doctor : can ask few Q
User : sure
Doctor : wats your age
User : 25
Doctor : when did the fracture occur
User : two days ago
Doctor : on which side
User : right foot
Doctor : was the X-ray taken
User : yes, yesterday. appt for ortopedics set up on monday
Doctor : how is the range of motion in the ankle
User : ankle is fine
User : just painful to put pressure on outside of foot near toes
Doctor : are yu able to move the digits
User : yes
Doctor : strap has been applied
User : no strap, doctor gave me a rigid shoe and some crutches and said to wait to see what orthopedics said
Doctor : ok
Doctor : because it the fracture of metarsal neck
Doctor : the chances of going for surgery is very less
Doctor : the chances of healing is faster
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Is headache a side effect of hydrocodone/pseudoephedrine?
- Is unusual tiredness or weakness a side effect of ocella?
- Fracture neck of femur treatment
- Fractured neck of femur pathways
- Is dry mouth a side effect of pepcid ac chewable tablets?
- C 6 neck fracture
- Health cone on feet
- Cone on the feet
- Sore feet sore joints congestion and headaches
- Is muscle cramps or pain a side effect of insulin aspart?
- Congenital varicella dislocation of hip
- Kenalog help with ear congestion
- Is bloody or cloudy urine a side effect of oxcarbazepine?
- Neck fracture c6
- Symptoms of fractured neck vertebrae