Causes of back ache and treatment - Online Doctor Chats
Doctor : hi
Doctor : how can i help u?
User : i have a back up problem
Doctor : k
User : and i have to seat for a long time onchair
Doctor : Please provide these details: Age, Gender, Location, Occupation, Marital status,
User : so can u sugest me exceresice
User : 25/f/mum/IT/singal
Doctor : k
Doctor : Backache is a pain in the back caused by degenerative changes, injury, swelling
Doctor : Backaches usually indicate a strain of the back muscles
User : what kind of diet should i got for
Doctor : whats ur height/weight
User : 5.4
User : 50
Doctor : k
Doctor : its fine
Doctor : u dont have to go for the wt reduction
User : but i m too thin
Doctor : The pain and discomfort usually take a couple of weeks to disappear.
User : i want to put on wait
Doctor : Pain relief medicines like ibuprofen or paracetamol, reduce the swelling
User : what should i do for that? to reduce pain
Doctor : Local application of heat by a hot water bottle or heating pad helps to relieve pain. Physiotherapy in the form of diathermy or ultrasound may help in pain relief.
User : k
Doctor : Complete bed rest is not required but exercise and exertion must be avoided until completely well.
Doctor : The sleeping position that is most comfortable is usually on the side. The mattress or bedding should provide a firm support or should be reinforced with a board.
Doctor : The best way to prevent backaches is to care for the back by keeping the back muscles in excellent physical condition. This requires back and abdominal exercises as a daily regiment. Sit-ups, leg raises, flattening the back and tucking the legs to the chest strengthen the muscles. These exercises should be avoided during active back pain, but the stretching exercises can be continued.
Doctor : r u there?
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Except back ache causes
- Vagina problems please help
- Treatment and cure for Back aches
- Severe pai back sitting down
- What is the treatment of blocked fallopian tube
- Is stbotanica lady serum effective for tightening the vagina
- What should i do for congested chest and throat
- Causes of back ache in women
- Kidney back pain radiates down left leg
- Foot knee and hip pain from last 6 months
- Recurrent back ache causes
- Fell down back pain stomach hip
- Back pain when food goes down throat
- Dull back ache causes
- Rotten egg farts lying down on back