Causes and treatment for mumps - Online Doctor Chats
Doctor : hi
User : hello...
Doctor : how can i help U/
User : well I've been having pain and swelling in what i think is my parotid gland
Doctor : k
Doctor : For Health purposes please provide these: Age, Gender, Location, Occupation, Marital status,
User : its also red, i want to know if i should be concerned, its been going on for 2 weeks now
User : 15, female, california, student, single
Doctor : do u have fever?
User : no
Doctor : Mumps is an acute viral illness that causes painful enlargement of the parotid glands. These glands are located in front and below the ears and produce saliva or spit.
Doctor : it might be due to mumps
User : how can i tell if i have mumps?
Doctor : # Severe headache
# Stiffness In the neck
Doctor : do u have this?
User : well i only get the headaches
Doctor : k
Doctor : There is no specific treatment for mumps. The various symptoms may be relieved with medicines. Antibiotics are usually not prescribed. Fever is controlled with medicines like paracetamol that also relieves pain. Aspirin must not be given to children. A soft, bland diet with plenty of liquids is easy to take. Sour foods and juices must be avoided. It is not necessary for a child with mumps to stay in bed all the time.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Swollen salivary gland heat or ice
- Enlarged liver and elevated liver enzymes appear in
- Treatment for mumps virus
- Swollen lymph nodes sore throat ear pain
- Swollen ear membranes
- Mumps causes
- Epidural steroid injection during labor
- Epilepsy maneuver
- Dizziness from steroid withdrawl
- Treatment for mumps
- Erdheim chester disease life expectancy
- Mumps orchitis treatment
- Infertility due to mumps treatment
- Swollen tonsil lumpy back of throat
- Swollen gland with no fever no pain dry mouth