Cause of red, swollen bruise on the face of an infant - Online Doctor Chats
Doctor : Hi
Doctor : How can I help you?
User : my daughter is 4 months old and has what appears to be a bruise on her face with a red swollen area that seems to be growing and we do not believe she ever hit her face.
Doctor : Ok
Doctor : Is the bruise blanching on pressure?
Doctor : When did she have it?
User : the bruise is small compared to the swelling in the red area it appeared 2 days ago and seems warm to the touch
Doctor : Ok
Doctor : What color was it before and what color is it now?
User : the bruise was a dark color and looks like it is lightening up, the red appears to be getting brighter. When you touch it, it doesn't seem to bother her.
User : dark like a blue
Doctor : Then I suggest that you leave it for a couple of days. If it is increasing in size or not darkening and if it is hurting her, then take her to a Pediatrician or GP.
User : should I worry about infection due to the warmness of that area of skin
Doctor : She may have hit herself against a cradle or a pram and it might have bruised.
Doctor : The fact that she is not hurting there probably rules out an infection.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Swollen red ankles with bruising
- Red hot swollen bruise
- Best food for people has amoebiasis
- Muscle behind mole hurts
- Hard pimples behind knee
- Food for amoebiatic patient
- Red swollen bite followed by bruising
- Treatment for yeast infection behind knees
- Swollen and bruised abdomen on infant
- Amoebiasis and itchy skin
- Internal itching behind scrotum
- Signs and symptoms of amoebiasis in infants
- Between leg and groin smells like amonia
- Swollen bruised red eye
- Red itchy rash leaves white patch behind