Cataract surgery scheduled, informed about different types of iol lenses. Qualitative differences between the lenses? - Online Doctor Chats
Hi Dr XXXXXXX . Good evening
Good evening, how are you?
What about you
I am good
sure go ahead
My mother is scheduled to have a cataract surgery
The doctor over there have advised there are four different types of IOL lens
It says a foreign co will cost 0000 MNC will cost 0000 and Indian co will cost 0000
I wanted to know is there any qualitative difference between the lenses
among the three
I need a few answers before I can help
How old is your mother?
is the surgery been done in both eyes?
no right now only in the one eye
does she wear glasses right now?
for both near and distant vision ?
or only for near or distant vision?
She wears for both near & far ..
Then the best option I think would be to get a multifocal and accomodating lens
Crystalens is one company which makes it
And is this a Indian co or a Foreign /MNC
let me check this for you
its a foreign company and its a multinationa;
Bausch and lomb makes it
I would rather have you speak with your ophthalmologist about the type
that is the most important thing I believe
I understand that
But I would need some time to find out the proce etc
Yes .. sorry got disconnected
To actually answer your question
dont use a foreign brand
But I would prefer a multinational thing than an Indian one
the quality control is usually better
Ok.. Actually .. The way it was suggested sounds too general . They should have suggested the names of the company with prices .
so you can ask the specifics and get back
We'll be happy to help
It sounds like I am going to some general shop and the shopkeeper is suggesting Indian / Foreign / MNC
oK thanks for all the help and bye for now
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Experience dry eyes with contacts on
- Tingling hands cataract surgery
- What are the symptoms of diverticulitis and guard against cataract
- Circular red rash on thigh
- How is articaine different from other mode of cataract surgery
- What could cause redness bruise and bumps in eye
- Strange heavy sensation on right eye lid
- Multifocal lenses cataract surgery problem sight detoriating
- What doctor works with the circulatory
- Circular skin pigmentation legs
- Raised circular patches on skin
- What treatment is suggested for tinnitis and sclera
- Welding after cataract surgery
- Red circular spot on penis
- Types of infections after cataract surgery staph