Carpal tunnel syndrome,symptoms - Online Doctor Chats
Doctor : hi
Doctor : how can i help u?
User : Hi - i have been waking up with one or both hands numb - usually pinky and ring finger - sometimes whole hand
User : i play guitar a lot and use the computer often - is this probably carpal tunnell?
Doctor : For Health purposes please provide these: Age, Gender, Location, Occupation, Marital status,
User : 39, male, minister, married
Doctor : Do you smoke or chew tobacco/drink alcohol/Any illicit drugs/ betel nut chewing? If yes how much/how often and how long you have?
User : none of the above\
Doctor : Do you have Allergies / Diabetes / Thyroid problem / High Blood pressure/Heart disease/ Asthma etc
User : not that i know of
Doctor : Carpal tunnel syndrome is a common, painful disorder of the wrist and the hand.
Doctor : Carpal tunnel syndrome becomes worse with excessive use of the wrist, as with repetitive movements in some occupations or athletic activities.
Doctor : but in the case where the carpal tunnel contents may be swollen, the patient can experience a sensation of â??pins and needles,â?? numbness and aching in the fingers, wrist and arm due to increased pressure on the median nerve.
User : does the wring/pinky indicate some kind of ulnar nerve damage?
Doctor : The symptoms include:
User : ...
Doctor : * pain, numbness, or tingling in the hand and wrist, especially in the thumb, index and middle fingers
* increased pain with increased use of the hand, such as while driving or reading the newspaper
* increased pain at night
* weak grip and tendency to drop objects held in the hand
* sensitivity to cold
* muscle weakness
Doctor : r u there?
Doctor : It shows you have moved away from the chat, so I close the window. Please log in again if you need further medical advice.
Related questions you may be interested in
People also viewed
- Injection for carpal tunnel syndrome
- Does coffee effect spinal fusion
- Microgynon and carpal tunnel syndrome
- Dull pain behind knee into calf
- Carpal tunnel syndrome and cerezette
- Sudden diarra hot flash burning behind eyes
- Canker sore behind the tonsil
- Bup and rash behind ears
- Symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome
- Large bump behind ear with puss
- Mild anterolisthesis of l4 on l5
- Epidural eye complications
- What are the symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome?
- Shock sensation when touching metal
- Poking sensation on the left palm