Can footbone fractures / deformities affect your height measurement? - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help you?
can footbone fractures / deformities affect your height measurement?
You had discussed about it with Dr. XXXXXXX
I mean, if I hurt the sole of my foot... (the very bottom of calcaneus area)
Fractures and deformities can cause limb shortening
it doesn't matter whether the fracture went horizontal or vertical right?
This may cause a relative reduction of the height of a person.
weather it/s the bottom of the foot or the top of the foot
it cannot make the person taller right?
It wouldn't make a person taller.
Infact individual will hardly be able to stand with a fracture limb.
so fractures and deformities in the bottom or on the side or on the top of the foot can make a person shorter but not taller right?
I know Dr. XXXXXXX answered this, but my cousin just wants to make sure of it?
Fractures of limb in the lower limb any where will not increase the real heightr.
what about foot bones the bottom of calcaneus and stuff
it can make the person shorter but not taller right?
A person with calcaneus fracture may want to avoid putting weight on the hind foot (I mean the behind of the foot)
but after it heals by itself or after hospital visit or whenever
In that position there can be relative changes in his height.
But that doesn't make his real height change.
Try standing on the tip of foot on one of your limb.
and even if it did change his height, it would be shorter right?
And check for your height.
The changes what you notice would be the same if a person with calcaneus fracture stands.
but it cannot increase the height at all right?
that's the answer I got previously and we just wanna make sure that this is the right answer
There will not be an increase in the real height of an indvidual.
but could be tiny bit shorter right?
so the conclusion is
whether it's calcaneus or whatever
the bottom or the side or the top of a foot bone
Foot bone fractures hardly make any person shorter.
It may cause some limping which may relatively make an individual shorter.
fractures / deformities (including after healings) whatsoever 'might' make a person shorter but can never increase his height right?
However fractures of limb bones - thigh and leg can reduce the height of the limb
there by produce a small difference in his height.
but calcaneus and all these foot bone fractures can make a person shorter but not taller right?
Never taller, yes?
thank you doctor
It may make one appear shorter because of limping but not taller.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Pain on both shoulder blades with sharp burning pain down my left arm to my wrist stiff neck possible diagnosis
- How to fix a sore throat after smoking laced weed
- How to feign sickness with a doctor
- Pain in the back of my left leg my left ankle and left arm
- What measures can a teen take to increase height
- Pain in thumb distal phalanx
- How to clear the blood with tpha positive
- How to measure height of uterus
- Painful knees crack when i stand or kneel
- Rice affect your height
- Measurement height and morning an evening
- Pain in left arm and nose bleeds
- How many dress sizes do you gain during pregnancy
- What measures can be taken to increase height
- How to cure a baby accidentally drank kerosene