Can antiviral usage for shingles cause stiff jaw? - Online Doctor Chats
I am 35 and developed shingles on my right flank. It started Friday night and I started antivirals on Sunday morning. I'm now having tightness in my jaw localized to the right side, soles of my feet are swollen and swollen lymph node in my right armpit. My question is, can I start with shingles on my flank and then have it start days later on my face, while on a antiviral? My annual family vacation is Thursday so I'm hoping these blisters will crust over by then.
Hi, I am Dr. XXXXXXX
I have gone through your query
Hello Dr. XXXXXXX
I don't think you can develop shingles in other places while on antivirals
It is quite uncommon for that to happen
Can the antivirals cause any of my reactions or do you think it might be posturing due to pain. I was thinking that I might be grinding my teeth at night so that could account for my jaw pain.
I'm just pretty unlucky wh
Jaw pain could be because of posturing
and yes, antivirals can sometimes cause tightness in the jaw and pain in the jaw
When something is rare I tend to get it. Haha. I'm a nurse and my husband is ER doctor and we were both taken off guard with this since I'm very healthy otherwise and my stress level is no different now than it has been over the past few years.
Thank you for addressing my issues. I will just take it one day at a time and see what happens.
Is there anything else I can help you with?
No. Thank you again.
You too! Bye
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Antiviral drugs for shingles
- Can shingles cause back stiffness
- Cerebrospinal fluid and relation to sperm
- Diagnosis of kidney inflammation
- Diagnosis of vertebrobasilar insufficiency
- Certain maxi pad irritate down there
- Diagnosis of patent foramen ovale
- Nutrilite supplements to increase cerebrospinal fluid
- Certain foods that hurt to swallow
- Antiviral eye drops for shingles
- Cerumen tinnitus steam
- Usage of shingles
- Causes of shingles
- Diagnosis of trisomy 21
- Diagnosis of few cortical cysts