Can an infant be allowed in pool of water? - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help you?
Proceed with your query.
i have a pre-term baby now hez 4+ months old i would like to know when can allow my son in a small water pool
i mean to say bring a big tub and fill with water and hold him in water carefully and alllow him to play
But is there any reason for entering the water pool?
A baby can enter a water tub, if he/she can sit in it.
At 4 months of age, when the baby is still yet to sit, it would not be safe to enter the tub.
I do not have any other gross medical reasons to say no to that.
i was checkig in internet on infant swimming so a just checking with you
holding him very carefully and allow him to play in water
I would not want to allow the baby into a water tub for medical reasons. I am only concerned with the safety.
If your son is able to hold his neck, then with very careful parental guidance, he can be let to plan in the water.
But to be very safe, I would recommend you to wait for a few more days until he can sit either with support or by himself.
now hez almost able to hold his neck probably i wil bring those large swimming pools after a 2 months and then with carefully i can introduce him to water
Once your son is able to sit with support, you can get him his first bath tub.
I think that would take another couple of months.
now hez given warm/hot water bath everyday, just wanted to know when can we make him feel just the normal water
I think by 8-10 months of age, your son should be able to tolerate less warm water.
As we are warm blooded individuals, tolerance to cold develops only with time, when all his body hormones and neurological system kick ups its action.
Till then you need to continue hot/luke warm wter bathes.
k thank you nice talking those were my question for now
You are welcome.
Thanks for consulting me.
Bye for now.
Related questions you may be interested in
People also viewed
- How do i decrease dosage of effexor before starting cipralex
- How to cure continuous headache and back pain
- Baby overheating causing vomiting
- Nan1 causing baby diarrhea
- Causes of extra crease in babies
- Jaggery cause rashes 6 month baby
- Sooji causes constipation in babies
- Pool losing water overnight
- Pool troubleshooting losing water
- What tests to undergo if person is having memory problem
- Is pool water bad for infants
- Can leukocytes in urine leads to bladder and kidney infection
- Can taking rabies vaccine during pregnancy harmful
- Can swimming pool chlorine water cause cll
- Viruses in pool water