Calf pain, leg pain before menstruation - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help you?
am XXXXXXX wife
can i talk to a lady doctor pls
I am sorry, lady doctor is currently unavailable.
will contact later
If you do not wish to discuss with me, you can try chatting
in the evening.
at around 6pm.
One doctor might be available then.
*7pm would be a good option.
Hope that's fine with you.
i have pain in calf
may i know wat will be thereason
Calf pain occurs due to wide range of conditions.
Can you explain further to help me find the cause.
I would like to know since when is it hurting?
am 26 years old... and my periods just got over a day before...
i generally get leg pain a day before my mensuration
but i got it later this time
and its quite painful
at calf region
So its paining since a day or did is it more than a day?
its paining from this morning
Are you able to walk?
ya.. i can bear the pain
Is the calf swollen?
Are you there?
no its not swollen
Are you on birth control pills?
no doctor.. am not taking any birth control pills.. and i dont have any such medical prob
Let me brief you.
Here the pain is very severe and the pain worsens while walking.
Since you are able to walk, I do not expect you to have venous thrombosis.
Now, since the pain started abruptly without injury
Two possible reasons that I think of at this point of time
1. As you pointed out, perhaps menstrual hormone fluctuation could have caused a delayed pain.
2. Bleeding may have resulted in anemia and iron deficiency
which can cause calf pains too.
Apart from this two condition
if you have had subclinical hypothyroidism
worsening state can cause the calf pain too.
*subclinical hypothyroidism is a condition where patient has no clinical symptoms
the condition is diagnosed only by tests.
Therefore at this point of time, my advise would be
1. Drink plenty of fluids and healthy food.
You need to take plenty of fruits and green leafy vegetables.
if you are a non vegetarian prefer to eat meat and other non veg food
to counter iron deficient state.
2. Avoid physical exertion - climbing, jumping and running.
twice a day for 2-3 days.
4. If the pain persist for more than 3 days or
if the pain worsens in intensity
visit a doctor for clinical examination.
ok doctor.. thanks a lot for briefing me in detail
The doctor can check for signs of vascular problems, perform blood test to rule out anemia and thyroid problems.
Specific treatment can be planned accordingly.
Hope it is clear to you.
Do you have any other query?
yes its very clear
no other queries
Thanks for consulting me.
Bye for now.
Related questions you may be interested in
People also viewed
- Missed period and discharge
- Leg pain in both legs
- What should we do when a seizure occurs
- Leg pain before menses
- What shows the result of urine microscopy result
- Leg pain and hot calfs
- Calf leg pain causes
- What is the side effect of stopping akt4
- Can orgasm cause miscarriage
- Spotting 14 days after period
- What are the actions and contraindications of olmegestin h
- Does dns cause brain constriction and extreme dizziness
- White clumpy discharge during pregnancy
- Upper leg pain and calf numbness
- Heavy bleeding with clots