Breathing rate of new born is 68. Adviced to keep in NICU. Normal? - Online Doctor Chats
Hi Doctor, XXXXXXX here.
My sister delivered a baby about 12 hours agao
the breathing rate in the new born was around 68, so was adviced to keep in the NICU
is this something to worry about?? is this normal
Why does this happen
Good morning doctor
The normal breathing rate of a newborn is around 60
The baby is having 68
There may be some other factors too for advising to keep the baby in NICU
Is there any other cause apart from High breathing rate?
oh ok, but the reason given was the breathing rate
Is the baby fine otherwise?
Is it in the ward now?
Is it feeding on the mother's milk well?
no the baby is still in the NICU
That is good to hear
Was it born at term?
Did it complete 9 months?
yes, it was normal delivery.
XXXXXXX there is a reason to keep the baby in NICU
Let it be in the NICU for a day or two
It is good for the baby
It is not alarming though
Once the breathing rate is normal, the baby will be shifted to ward
The doctors are being extra cautious here which is good for the baby
as we speak, i hear it is now around 63...
It is fine, it will also come down further. Do not worry
ok, Thank you doctor for the reassurance. Thanks a lot.
Thank you for consulting me
Bye for now
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- High breathing rate
- What to do when hearing voices
- What foods contain virtually no protein
- Childbirth at sooriya hospital
- Holding breath pulse rate
- High breathing rate bronchitis
- What is condition about sigerion delivery
- New borns and raid breathing
- Can labor pains come on one side
- What to wear after shoulder surgery
- Second child normal if first is sigerian
- Normal breathing rate per minute
- Delivery in chinmaya mission hospital
- What to take to increase breast milk production
- What stops heavy bleeding during period