Breastfeeding. Can I start work? Can I give her semi solid food? - Online Doctor Chats
Please proceed with your query
Good evening Doctor.. I had question about my 4 month old baby
i recently joined back work
It is still fine
It is not bad at all
i am still breast feeding completely...
i am expressing around 210 ml of milk and leaving for her to feed
i am away for around 7 hours - time for 2 or 3 feeds
she cries through while feeding
my family at home feel she is not full - milk is not sufficient
should i start semi solids now?
It is too early to start other foods
when is right to start solids?
ideally at 9 months
how do i know the baby is getting sufficient milk?
You can start at 7 months too
u mean after completing 6 months?
whether the baby is hungry or not, it should be fed every 2 hours and on demand
Yes, start weaning at 7 months
ok... how do i know how much milk to feed per feed?
30 ml should be average and good intake every 2 hours
she is now taking around 75 ml per feed every 2 hours
but weight is still 5 kgs only
That is good enough
She will improve
Give her some time to grow
She will do well
if 220 ml is not sufficient can i give NAN?
I personally do not suggest it
Continue to give expressed milk as much as you can
NAN does not give much benefit as compared to your milk
ok..but NAN fed kids look healthier/fatter :(
It is not true
another question is that my baby's poop is still watery only
Good pediatricians do not prescribe artificial food
It is normal, no need to worry
thanks doctor..that is all
Feed her as much as you can, it will help her in her catch up growth
Thank you too
Bye for now
Related questions you may be interested in
People also viewed
- Fasting for blood work while breastfeeding
- Is curd rice good during cold
- Lightheaded vomiting nausea loose stools
- Breastfeeding diet foods to avoid
- Food to avoid breastfeeding
- Toddler with fever and foul smelling gas
- Lightheaded after hitting my head
- Lips feel chapped and forming a bump
- Fasting for blood work and breastfeeding
- Leukorrhea after complete miscarriage
- Lipoma on stomach during pregnancy
- Good food for breastfeeding
- Is it safe to give saffron to babies
- Does domstal safe for baby
- Safe to give econorm to babies