Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Breast tissue in the armpits. Which treatment to undergo? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 23-Oct-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Women's Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
User:this is XXXXXXX from pune
Doctor:How can I help you today?
User:I have a query about my wife, she is having breast tissues at underarm and gives severe pain
Doctor:Please describe it detail so that I am able to figure out what it is
User:it looks like the breast under arm,
User:initially it was very small but increased the size after pregnancy and its worst after delivery
Doctor:ok Do you mean that the underarm has a swelling?
User:not only swelling its bigger then that
Doctor:Usually the swelling in underarm area is in response to the infection or a tumor of the draining area
Doctor:The draining area is breast or arm of same side
User:its breast
Doctor:Is there some type of pain or redness in the breast?
User:yes severe pains sometimes
Doctor:Mostly it seems like infection
Doctor:Is she breast feeding?
Doctor:Can you tell me the exact location of the pain?
User:actually this doesn't came after delivery, it was there before the pregnancy, now increased in size.
Doctor:She needs further tests
User:can you please go through this video, it is same like this but big in size,,
Doctor:Went through the video
Doctor:So your wife has breast tissue in the armpits
Doctor:It has grown bigger because of the breast feeding
Doctor:Nothing much to worry
User:it gives pain
Doctor:It can be easily removed if painful or for cosmetic reasons
Doctor:For that you will need consultation with a surgeon
User:can you please suggest the good one
Doctor:Get examined by a surgeon to rule out an abscess of the tissue
Doctor:Where are you located?
User:in pimpri chinchwad
Doctor:So you are located in Pune area
Doctor:Actually I am not familiar with the place
Doctor:But you can search for surgeons in your area from the following link
Doctor:Do you have any other question?
User:do you know any pain relief medicine for this
User:do you know any pain relief medicine for this?
Doctor:For now brufen 200 mg is best option
User:thank you very much
Doctor:ok then
Doctor:Take care
User:you too
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor