Boils. Skin problem? - Online Doctor Chats
Hi...Am getting a few boils lately.....any idea if this is related to a skin problem or something else is causing these?
may i know ur age ?
and how long have u had them ?
over the last few months....one comes and goes and then another comes up somewhere else
may i know where u have them ?
right now i have one on my stomach...earlier they've come up on the arm, leg etc.
no specific spot
do u have oily skin ?
somewhat but not very oily
can u tell me the size of these boils ?
do they come, at the base of the body hairs ?
quite small...they don't grow much usually and disappear in a week or so
not sure about that....
do they appear like small pustules , about 1mm in size and spontaneously subside ?
yes, usually that's the case
ok, most likely, you are having folliculitis
so, should skin creams do the job or should i be taking some oral medicine?
there is no need to take any medications
just try to keep a good body hygiene, and take bath twice a day
having lot of sweat can cause such issues
use less amount of perfumes
usually the condition needs no treatment, as it is very benign
ok, should i be using specific kind of soap etc.?
use gentle soaps,
ok, thanks...nice chatting
they are much better
You are welcome
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Skin boils due to dental problems
- Angular cheilitis lymphadenopathy
- Angular cheilitis treatment fucidin
- Coconut oil and eczema in babies
- Meth use and boils skin problems
- Do corn pads work
- Does aloe vera lotion help acne
- Fucidin good for angular
- Boil a sign of liver problems
- Ejaculatory anhedonia and prostate
- Intact diaphragm and costophrenic angles
- Depo shot hair loss
- Diabetes boils toes problems
- Do banana peels get rid of warts
- Skin boils