Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online

Blocked right ear,hearing problem - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Excellent Posted in: Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 667 Questions
User :   HiI feel my ears blocked/clogged and can't hear well out of it, its my right ear and please tell me if this is ruptured eardrum or what is this and i feel so down and or if it will
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   How can I help you?
Doctor :   May I know your age?
User :   my ear feels water inside and numb and my hearing is really bad, pls let me know if this will go away itslelf, i think the eardrum is ruptured.
Doctor :   Since when are you having this feeling?
User :   this morning, i woke up and felt like this
Doctor :   Did you sustain an injury?
User :   no, i was camping over the weekend but no injuries
Doctor :   Do you have ear ache / discharge from the ear?
User :   no discharge but feel full inside
Doctor :   Do you have nose congestion/sorethroat/cough?
Doctor :   Do you have fever?
User :   i have sinus issues and but no fever
Doctor :   You mean the sinus problems in the past or do you have it now along with your ear problem?
User :   sinus in a past and along my past ear problems too
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Have you had similar symptoms in the past?
User :   not really
Doctor :   Do you have any other medical illness apart from sinusitis such as diabetes/hypertension?
User :   do u think levaquin or amoxilin will help to cure
User :   none
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Let me explain it to you.
User :   sure
Doctor :   Sudden rupture of tympanic membrane is usually occurs following trauma or following acute rise in the pressure inside the ear
Doctor :   Since you did not have any such event, it is unlikely to be ruptured membrane.
Doctor :   According to your history, its possible that you have an infection in your ear.
Doctor :   Or wax problem
User :   oh ok, it could be ear infecttion,
User :   but what is the treatment
Doctor :   You would need an examination from a doctor to determine the exact cause for this symptoms however.
Doctor :   Infections need the use of antibiotics, analgesics and antihistaminics.
User :   i see, ok thx
Doctor :   Since these are prescription drugs and as its use is not legal over online chatting, I cannot prescribe you those.
Doctor :   However I shall suggest you few other measures that should help you.
User :   sure
Doctor :   1. Keep your ears dry and avoid foreign body insertions.
Doctor :   2. use chewing gums.
Doctor :   they will help you to bring the fluid out of the ear( (if present in the middle ear)
Doctor :   3. If you have pain, you can use analgesics which are available over the counter such as tylenol.
Doctor :   4. If your symptoms become severe or if you develop fever, then you need to consult your doctor for physical examination.
Doctor :   Have you followed what I have suggested?
User :   yes sure, thank u so much
User :   was very helpful hints
Doctor :   Do you have any other query?
User :   no that was it .thx
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting me. Bye for now. Please refer your friends to our service.
User :   sure
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor