Birth control pills' effect on pregnancy - Online Doctor Chats
Doctor : hi
how can i help you?
please proceed with your health query.
User : hi I just found out I am 6 weeks pregnant
User : I was on birth control and have been on anti depressants, sleeping pills and pain killers
when did you stop having the birth control pills?
User : do I have to worry about the health of my baby?
User : the day I found out
Doctor : ok
have you stopped the other medications too?
User : I went and had blood work there was something they tested me for to see how much in my system and I was alil over 3000
how was the pregnancy confirmed?
User : yes I have
was a scan done?
User : at home test and we did ultrasound
User : they couldnt see heartbeat said it was too soon
did the scan show that baby was inside the uterus? or outside?
User : I have an appt. for fri.to abort baby cause I was concerned abouts its health
User : but I really want this baby
they should have done transvaginal ultrasound, it can pick heartbeat by 5 weeks of age
User : inside I suppose
User : they made sure wasnt in tubes
User : yes they did one of those
kindly do a transvaginal scan before taking the decision
User : said they couldnt hear one
if that is also showing no heartbeat
User : I cant get back into my doctor til next week
you can wait for another 10 days to reconfirm
and then decide
User : when I asked to do a repeat scan they said they wouldnt yet
when was the last scan done?
User : one week from today
they will wait atleast 10 days for a repeat scan
User : I was 5 weeks and 1 day
User : ok
so before the appointment with your doctor, get a scan done again to confirm presence/absence of heartbeat in baby
with a transvaginal scan
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Birth control pills prevent pregnancy
- Missed birth control pills pregnancy
- Effects of birth control pills
- Is it safe to use derma roller while pregnant
- Marble in lower abdomen
- Birth control pills and pregnancy
- Reasons for high free beta hcg at 13 weeks
- Pain only when lightly touch lower abdomen
- Can pregnancy test be effective on birth control pill
- Symptoms of pregnancy while taking duphaston
- Pain in upper abdomen like needles
- Muscle spasm in lower right abdomen
- Mole on lower abdomen
- Flagentyl on pregnancy
- Pregnancy with acrodysostosis