Birth control and Pregnancy risks - Online Doctor Chats
User : I am on birth control, but just started taking amoxicillian today for a UTI. I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend last night, but I am wondering if I should buy the plan B pill from the pharmacy. Should I worry about the antibiotics effect on my birth control this early?
Doctor : hi
are you regular on your birth control pills?
User : I am on Nuva ring and I have been very regular with it
amoxycillin is antibiotic given to treat the UTI
User : yes
when was your last menstrual period?
User : about 2 weeks ago
Doctor : what is the menstrual cycle length? is it 28 days? or more? or less?
User : I had 4 days of bleeding
Doctor : in how many days once do you get your periods? is it 28 days? or more? or less?
User : about 27
Doctor : taking as first day of bleeding as day 1, the fertile period or the egg release time will be 8th-14 th day in your case
if you have continued on the Nuva ring
at that time, then the chances of pregnancy even with unprotected intercourse will be minimal depending on when you have started Nuva ring
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Pregnancy with implanon birth control
- 17 weeks pregnant feeling weak
- Does amlodipine cause sinus congestion
- Birth control in early pregnancy
- Itchy throat and burping
- Taste of ammonia in throat
- Loose stool and 17 weeks pregnant
- 17 years old using ipill safe
- Birth control pills and pregnancy
- Pregnancy risks on birth control
- 17 weeks pregnant and pains in rectum
- Ear fluid and toothache
- Vagina pain at 17 weeks pregnant
- Veins popping out feet feet
- Birth control pills pregnancy risk