Bad throat. Tests negative. Culture shows streptococal infection. Taken antibiotics but no relief. - Online Doctor Chats
Please proceed with your query
Did you get a culture of the throat swab?
Has the streptococal infection been confirmed?
Did you take any antibiotics?
didnt reduce the infection
That is a good medicine
You probably need to continue it for another few days
ok.. but i ve had this infection for quite sometime now.. i was taking another anti biotic before this.. i dont remember the name..
even that wasnt effective
Please get yourself re-examined by your Primary carePhysician
ok but should i get a throat culture test done just to be sure?
It would be better
to get it done
we can isolate the organism and select the antibiotic based on the sensitivity report
ok.. any specifics i should mention at the diagnostics center for the test?
Throat culture swab
Thank you for visiting me
Bye for now
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Static or crackling in-ear
- Dianette and throat infection antibiotics
- Are nose bleeds normal after a tonsilectomy
- Ear bleeding after someone poked
- Throat infection not responding to antibiotics
- Natural antibiotics for throat infection
- Finger tip crush injury
- Antibiotics for throat infection
- Left crus of diaphragm
- Mono bleeding tonsils after shower
- Having a crown fitted
- My nose bleed after my meal
- Ingrown hair on crotch
- Kid nose bleed after virus
- Antibiotics for sore throat infections