Bacterial meningitis - Online Doctor Chats
Doctor : hi
Doctor : how can i help u
User : hello.
Doctor : please proceed with your query
User : i am college student and am worried that i may have given my mom bacterial meningitis. i wan't feeling well about 2 weeks ago, (aches, sore throat) and went to the doctor who prescribed me penicillin as a precautionary measure while the step culture was developing. it turned out negative so i ceased taking the medicine. i went home the following weekend. i just found out today that my mom has a sore throat and muscle aches. she also had a rash on her hands although she told me it has begun to fade
Doctor : ok
User : becasue i had a meningitis vaccine i am wondering if i didn't exhibit the full range of symptoms and was ale to get over it.. but she hasn't had a vaccine
Doctor : ok
User : it's not a blotchy rash
Doctor : she has neck stiffness
Doctor : or high grade fever
Doctor : where are the rashes more spread
User : i asked her and she said no. but she had a headache and muscle pain and a sore throat. the thing that's scaring me was the rash
User : is there anything esle it could be? because if not i want to take her to the er
Doctor : ok i will help yu
Doctor : is she consious, oriented
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Male examination tubes
- Bacterial meningitis prophylaxis
- Is convulsions a side effect of budesonide?
- Is convulsions a side effect of acyclovir?
- Isolation precautions bacterial meningitis
- Is convulsions a side effect of bebulin vh?
- Csf results in bacterial meningitis
- Fainting from light in eye exam
- Male physical examination female
- Bacterial meningitis lab values
- How serious is bacterial meningitis
- Is drooling a side effect of carbamazepine?
- Throat exam with scope
- Nurses giving rectal exams
- Is paralysis a side effect of cabozantinib?