Anal itching with normal stools - Online Doctor Chats
Doctor : hi
User : hello
Doctor : how can i help you?
Doctor : are u there?
User : sorry i was experiencing internet problems
Doctor : ok
Doctor : no problem
User : i am currently experiencing some anal itching and was wondering what was the cause of this?
Doctor : i can help you
User : thanks
Doctor : but i need to know a few details first
User : okay
User : ...
Doctor : i would like to know when it started
Doctor : is there any other place where it itches
User : a few weeks-a month ago?
User : no
User : just there
Doctor : how are your bowel movements
User : same as normal, haven't changed although i experience more discomfort after passing stool
Doctor : as anal itching occurs usually
Doctor : due to constipation
Doctor : or hard stools
Doctor : as they graze and damage the anal mucosa
User : i was wondreing if it was hygiene related?
Doctor : Itching is further aggravated by wearing non-absorbent, tight clothes in hot weather; stress, walking, bike riding and sitting on a plastic sheet for a long time.
Doctor : it very much is
Doctor : After bowels wash your anal area regularly with soap and water, clean it with tissue and pat the area dry.
User : okay
Doctor : Wear comfortable, cotton under garments..
Doctor : i would also like to give u some other tips
Doctor : to prevent
Doctor : it from recuurring
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Hormones and anal itching
- Is increased sensitivity of the eyes to light a side effect of pennsaid?
- Yellow stool anal itching
- Green feces hernia
- Cures for anal itching and mucus in stools
- Will a uti cause anal itching
- Greenish yellow around anus
- Is skin ulcer or soresabnormal wound healing a side effect of sirolimus?
- Farting and following through
- Is changes in vision, such as blurred vision a side effect of effexor xr?
- Flesh in bowel movement
- Is blurred vision or other changes in vision a side effect of absorica?
- Foaming brown stool in children
- Lipitor and anal itch
- Is bloody or black, tarry stools a side effect of vitanatal ob plus dha?