Allergy - Online Doctor Chats
User : 2.5 year old female presenting minor pink-red bumps (lines and blotches) on right side of face, right arm, neck, and ankle (worst blotch and intial sighting). She has little itchiness and does not feel pain at any of the sites. She is not allergic to ANYTHING, with the exception of having outdoor allergies during the summer and spring (runny nose itchy eyes is the extent of discomfort). Her father is considerly reactive to poison ivy, whereas I would not get it if I was to roll in it! I'm almost certain it's poisen ivy (my son shows a similar reaction and does not itch at all) but would like a doctor's opinion on the diagnosis and treatment options. Mainly whether or not it's a common symptom of poison ivy to have a rash but little to no itch or discomfort? Thanks.
Doctor : hi
User : hi
you have to go for a patch test to confirm the allery to a components
Doctor : so you have to consult a dermatologist
User : So you don't know whether poison ivy presents a rash without itchiness?
Doctor : yes, it is usally itching kind of reaction
but sometimes you may get only lesions
User : ok thank you.
User : You've been a fab help.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Defibrillator implants after surgery pain
- Macrobid allergy with seafood allergy
- Heat rash and iron supplementation
- Why does heat make rash worse
- Allergy medicine for skin allergies
- Definition lumbar spondylotic protrusion
- Degenerative spinal diseases treatment at nadiad
- Heat rash on inner thighs while pregnant
- Menopause heat rash on neck
- Dehydration and liver enzyme
- Dehydration erection
- Cephalosporin allergy and penicillin allergy
- Betadine allergy and iodine allergy
- Hsv1 or heat rash
- Macrobid allergy and sulfa allergy