Allergic reaction towards penicillin - Online Doctor Chats
User : hello
Doctor : hi
how can i help you?
please proceed with your health query
User : i had a quick question about a penicillin reaction
Doctor : ok
User : i have a friend who was really allergic to penicillin when they were an infant, and they have an infection now. they just took a 500mg keflex tablet... should thier penicillin allergy flare up because of the keflex?
so it will not flare up the penicilin reaction
User : so they should be fine? i did research online and it was 50/50 on having a reaction to a penicillin allergy. but i thought that since they were a different type of antibiotic it should be safe...
User : so they should be safe?
they should be safe
however they should be under observation
User : ok. will reactions differ from person to person or should they be rather generic? just wondering what i should be looking out for if a reaction does occur
the reactions can differ from person to person
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Common allergic reactions to penicillin
- Common side effects of propofol
- Common side effects of simvastatin
- Stage 4 spine cancer
- Common side effects of lovastatin
- Common side effects of oxycodone
- Allergic reaction penicillin
- Delayed allergic reaction to penicillin
- Symptoms of penicillin allergic reaction
- Mediherb thyroid complex side effects
- Penicillin allergic reaction causes
- Cheek pain causes
- Lung cancer and laryngitis
- Invasive ductal carcinoma level 3
- Loose cartilage in knee symptoms