Allergic reaction towards penicillin - Online Doctor Chats
User : hello
Doctor : hi
how can i help you?
please proceed with your health query
User : i had a quick question about a penicillin reaction
Doctor : ok
User : i have a friend who was really allergic to penicillin when they were an infant, and they have an infection now. they just took a 500mg keflex tablet... should thier penicillin allergy flare up because of the keflex?
so it will not flare up the penicilin reaction
User : so they should be fine? i did research online and it was 50/50 on having a reaction to a penicillin allergy. but i thought that since they were a different type of antibiotic it should be safe...
User : so they should be safe?
they should be safe
however they should be under observation
User : ok. will reactions differ from person to person or should they be rather generic? just wondering what i should be looking out for if a reaction does occur
the reactions can differ from person to person
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Common allergic reactions to penicillin
- Pain in lower rib tender lymph node in chest
- Prolactinoma cannabis
- Vaginal bacterial infection taking metronidazole swollen vagina pain uti
- Can you take calvepen and nurofen
- Allergic reaction penicillin
- Delayed allergic reaction to penicillin
- Symptoms of penicillin allergic reaction
- Cipralex brownish semen
- Breathalyzer symbicort
- Breathlesness on microgynon
- Penicillin allergic reaction causes
- Eptoin stroke endoscopy bleeding in stomach
- Loose motion in baby vomiting no fever
- Bowel movement eating abdominal pains delayed periods after bc pills