Alcohol consumption leading to diabetes - Online Doctor Chats
Doctor : Hello
User : Hello
Doctor : How can I help, ?
User : I want to know the relationship between diabetes and alcohol, does it aggrevate diabetes?
User : I want to know the relationship between alcohol and diabetes
Doctor : yes in the long run due to the significant damage to the Liver there will be build up of the various toxins and the Metabolites and hence it shall lead to the raise in the Blood Sugars levels
User : Can an alcoholic drink? If so how much?? My wife is 29, a diabetic.
Doctor : Does she Drink too
User : Yes she does, we are both alcoholics, but now she has reduced to 2 drinks(60 ml) a day
Doctor : What is that she takes as a part of the Drink ?
Doctor : Since teh concentrations are different for all
User : Just hard drink(brandy or rum) mixed with plain water.
Doctor : one drink a day for women and two drinks a day for men) may actually lower the risk of diabetes, the opposite is true for people who drink greater amounts of alcohol. Heavy alcohol use can cause chronic inflammation of the pancreas (pancreatitis), which can impair its ability to secrete insulin and ultimately lead to diabetes.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- How long can i take navidoxine for
- How long the misoprostol stay in your system
- How long does it take misoprostol to work
- My blood sugar is at 439
- My blood sugar level is 87 is this normal
- Rice cereal leading to diabetes
- Does smoking lead to diabetes
- My blood sugar level was 171 is that bad
- Diabetes leading cause of blindness
- How long it will take for mifeprin tablet
- Diabetes and alcohol
- How long can one live with pinworms
- Occult diabetes
- Can chocolate lead to diabetes
- Stem cell therapy for mentally retarded children