Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Afraid of pain during sex - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Excellent Posted in: General Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 667 Questions
User :   Hi
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :  
How can i help you?
User :   I have some problem with my married life. I need some suggestion from you.
Doctor :  
yes i shall help you in this
Doctor :  
proceed with your quey
User :   It's more than a year now , but i am unable to make a intercourse with my wife as she is afraid of it .... I am very much depressed on this matter
Doctor :   why she is afraid of it?

User :   I am not sure , probably she is afraid of the pain during first intercource
User :   She always stops me from going forward...
Doctor :  
did you discuss with her regarding this?
Doctor :   have you asked her why she is afraid of the intercourse?
User :   yes , but she is only afraid of the pain ... She has abnormal thinking on it
Doctor :   may i know her age?
User :   24 yrs
Doctor :   the fact is it is not true that there will be pain during the first intercourse

User :   That i know , but she is not having any confidence of it
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :  
don't get depressed
Doctor :   try to find out how did she learn that there will be pain during the first intercourse
Doctor :  
who told her
Doctor :  
i guess it is her friends
User :   Yes i have found out that, she has told me that her married friends have told her
User :   about these
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   now ask her only to find out whether her married friends are still virgin?
Doctor :  
did they not have intercourse?
Doctor :  
if so what precautions they adopted to avoid pain
User :   Yes they are having
Doctor :  
i know
Doctor :  
ask you wife to find out this
Doctor :   since the problem was from her friends it needs to be solved from them only
User :   She also tries to make an intercourse but she stops herself at the main time
Doctor :   yes
Doctor :   dont get depressed with this
Doctor :  
i shall suggest you some cream ok
User :   ok
Doctor :  
on applying it locally there will be no pain
Doctor :  
Doctor :  
applying it on her private parts before the act will not produce pain to her
User :   ok
Doctor :  
if that is not available
Doctor :  
you can use PRILOX GEL
User :   Is there any medicine which i can ask her to intake before the going for the intercourse so that she is out of the mental pressure which is having now?
Doctor :  
no nothing of that sort is available
Doctor :  
it is that mental block which is creating the trouble
User :   yes
User :   I just wanted her to overcome the mental block
User :   I have tried some times forcefully , but she starts screaming before doing anything
User :   I have heard that there are some medicines which arouses sex demand , Can you please suggest names of these if it is available?
Doctor :   it is all hearsay
Doctor :  
there is nothing like that
Doctor :   there is no medicine as such to increase the sexual drive
Doctor :   one more thing don't force her
Doctor :   this will strengthen her mental block
Doctor :   as i said it was the fear created by her friends,
Doctor :   she will listen more to her friends about this rather than you.
Doctor :  
so ask her to find out how did her friends overcome the initial fear or pain
User :   ok
Doctor :  
and tell her you also will follow the same method
Doctor :  
during that period you can use this prilox gel also
Doctor :  
so in this way you have to win her confidence as well has break the mental block.
User :   ok
User :   But her elder sister is insisting me to make it forcefully as she has a fear of breaking of the releationship
User :   I am not able decide what should i do now?
Doctor :   forcefully making it will worsen the condition
Doctor :   this is an act of mutual concent
User :   Yes
Doctor :  
any force here will cause undue bad impression and i fear she will carry that for the life
User :   Her sister is pointing me on my manhood...... This is making me more depressed.
Doctor :   who is she to point on your manhood?
Doctor :  
and why you entertain such people ?
Doctor :  
it is you and your wife and it is your family
Doctor :  
you know the fact and your wife does
User :   yea
Doctor :  
so you people sit and solve the matter
Doctor :  
putting blame is the not wise thing to do
User :   Yes , that's the better idea
Doctor :  
yes there is a problem with your wife,
Doctor :  
some time it does happen
Doctor :  
so it needs support
Doctor :   dont entertain such kind of comments any more
Doctor :  
it is more so depressing
Doctor :  
as i suggested try to convince your wife with the gel and be gentle in handling her
Doctor :   try with this for the next 2 weeks
Doctor :  
if you still fail to do so than she may require a professional help.
User :   How we can get any proffession help?
User :   proffesional help?
Doctor :   in this situation you may have to contact dermatologist, gynecologist and a psychiatrist
Doctor :   psychiatrist will be the person who will be of more help.
Doctor :   but it require the team of these doctors.
User :   ok
User :   Has these types of problem been resolved earlier?
Doctor :   yes very much
Doctor :  
actually this is a simple problem
Doctor :  
because of the stigma people don't approach the doctors and think it is a very big problem
User :   ok
User :   Thanks a lot doctor , I will try the steps provided by you ...
User :   Let's see how far i am able to make it success
Doctor :   as i said it is a simple problem, don't make it complicated and no intruders between you and your wife
Doctor :   wish you good luck
User :   Thanks a lot
Doctor :   thanks for consulting healthcare magic
User :   bye
Doctor :   bye foe now.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor